PDA

View Full Version : Aeronaut design changes

mruseless
03-10-2009, 10:02 AM
I recently noticed that the Aeronaut's design has changed slightly. I have one of the first versions. The main thing I noticed is that the end pockets now zip on 3 sides instead of just 2.

Are there other changes? What were the reasons for the changes?

Also, just out of curiosity, when did the design change occur? I didn't notice it until some of the recent internet reviews.

E

travelwkid
03-10-2009, 02:10 PM
I noticed that too in the Gadling pictures. I just assumed that I hadn't looked properly in the first place!

Travelwkid
http://www.enjoyingtravelwithkids.blogspot.com

Tom Bihn
03-10-2009, 04:18 PM
The zippers on the Aeronaut end pockets were originally positioned so that they did not touch the ground when the bag was set down on its edge; this meant cutting the zippers shorter than we may have done otherwise. I always take into account that zippers can wear if exposed to abrasion when positioned too close to the bottom of a bag.
After some use, I realized that the utility of having a larger opening on the end compartment outweighed my concerns about zipper wear. Additionally, the splash-proof zippers we use on the Aeronaut tend to be less affected by abrasion anyway.
Around that same time I believe I added an open-top pocket on the end opposite the small zippered pocket: I wanted someplace to put my boarding pass.