PDA

View Full Version : Removing the waist strap?

Juliana
03-15-2009, 09:15 PM
I received my Imago (!) earlier this week, but I can't seem to remove the waist strap. I think I see how it's supposed to come out, but I'm having some problems on the more, uh, physical side. Unless I'm doing it wrong, or it's not supposed to be removed.

Some help? XD

Edit:
Ah! Never mind -- took some time and maneuvering (and some sore fingers), but I figured it out.

maverick
03-16-2009, 03:14 AM
yes, you have to apply some pressure with your fingers :).

i haven't tried, but would it be a bad thing to use a pair of pliers if you place a cloth between the pliers and the clips so that the clips do not get damaged?

shakir5582
03-19-2009, 09:12 PM
the trick to this is

push the black plastic parts together while pushing down on the metal spring. If you dont push down on the spring it gets caught on the hook of the black upright. wow it would be easy to show you

3 step process
push down on metal spring
apply pressure to uprights
release spring

Hope this helps
it is tricky

ex machina
03-20-2009, 03:44 AM
I was concerned the clip would malform or break, that I was doing it wrong. It took more force than I was comfortable applying, enough I was concerned it would break the clip. The clip did not malform or break. It's stronger than it seemed.

Darcy
03-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Yes, the gatekeepers are tough! We thought twice about using them because they are hard to open/close at first, but they're the best clip for the job and allowed us to put removable waist straps on bags that leave no hardware behind when removed. They're also incredibly secure.

It is OK to use pliers on them - that should make opening/closing them a snap - just don't be too tough on them.