PDA

View Full Version : the side effect

maverick
06-04-2009, 08:38 PM
hi folks,

here is a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQTQUt90Af4) and some pictures of the side effect (http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/ACC/TB0412).

maverick
06-04-2009, 08:40 PM
more pictures...

moriond
06-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Hi maverick,

That's a great video!. I hadn't realized that the interior used wasabi, although I could see this color for the olive side effect on the product page. I wonder whether Darcy can tell us what the interior is for the other bags -- is it always wasabi, or is it sometimes steel or cayenne? My side effect will come as part of my Tristar order, so I won't see this for a while. I was sorely tempted to order plum, but since I plan to also tether it to some other bags (as you show for your Buzz picture), I thought I'd better pick steel to better span the variety of bag colors.

KarlJ
06-05-2009, 02:20 AM
The Side Effect is sure to be a winner! Thanks for putting the video/photos together.

dsmking
06-05-2009, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the pictures and video. I decided to not include the Side Effect in my Tri-Star+Aeronaut order because I already have an llbean waist pouch. But the pictures are making me rethink that decision because the size looks perfect.

One question. When I put the llbean pouch in my Buzz I tuck the waist strap under the back flap but the strap ends always fall out. Does the Side Effect hide the waist strap without the ends falling out and, if so, how?

David (trying to resist an order before I've had a chance to see what packing cubes I will need for the Aeronaut and Tri-Star)

maverick
06-05-2009, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the pictures and video. I decided to not include the Side Effect in my Tri-Star+Aeronaut order because I already have an llbean waist pouch. But the pictures are making me rethink that decision because the size looks perfect.

hi david,

i completely understand. the side effect has been so beautifully executed!

One question. When I put the llbean pouch in my Buzz I tuck the waist strap under the back flap but the strap ends always fall out. Does the Side Effect hide the waist strap without the ends falling out and, if so, how?

David (trying to resist an order before I've had a chance to see what packing cubes I will need for the Aeronaut and Tri-Star)

tom has designed the side effect such that the space where the waist strap gets tucked away has enough space to hold the waist strap, and isn't lose such that the waist strap will slide out.

let me put together a video demonstrating how to manage the waist strap on the side effect when you're not using it.

maverick
06-05-2009, 08:44 AM
hi david,

here is a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpEaL-pWMd8) demonstrating how the waist strap folds into the side effect.

let me know if you have any questions.

bltkmt
06-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Maverick, thank you for your time and effort on these...just ordered one for myself!

maverick
06-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Maverick, thank you for your time and effort on these...just ordered one for myself!

hi blkmt!

congratulations!! what color did you order?

would you mind posting some pictures when you get it?

thanks!

bltkmt
06-05-2009, 11:16 AM
I went with basic black...will post pictures when I receive.

Darcy
06-05-2009, 12:46 PM
I wonder whether Darcy can tell us what the interior is for the other bags -- is it always wasabi, or is it sometimes steel or cayenne?

It's always Wasabi - the better to see inside with! :)

maverick
06-05-2009, 12:49 PM
It's always Wasabi - the better to see inside with! :)

hey darcy,

yup, wasabi is a great choice for that very reason!

though, i bet that the use of solar dyneema inside of the indigo would look pretty nice and be very functional in the same way.

dsmking
06-06-2009, 04:56 AM
hi david,

here is a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpEaL-pWMd8) demonstrating how the waist strap folds into the side effect.

let me know if you have any questions.

Maverick,

Thanks for the video. That is similar to how my llbean straps fold - I suspect the difference is that the covering flap on the Side Effect is larger (for the passport pocket).

David

peregrina
06-09-2009, 06:33 AM
I really want one! I have a lot of purses and am forever forgetting something I need inside another purse when I transfer contents over. I think the side effect would be great for keeping my essentials (TB wallet, change purse, iPod Touch, small camera, pen, cell phone) together and easily transferable from bag to bag. The big decision will be what colour.... ;)

MtnMan
08-31-2009, 12:34 PM
This thing is actually Tom Bihn's biggest Organizer Pouch in disguise as a waist pouch, isn't it? :)

How many o-rings are there in this bag?

Has anyone ever tried wearing this around the waist by positioning the pouch in the small of your back?

If you decide to use the waist strap, are there alternative uses for the shoulder sling strap? If so, what have you used these straps for?

maverick
08-31-2009, 12:40 PM
This thing is actually Tom Bihn's biggest Organizer Pouch in disguise as a waist pouch, isn't it? :)

How many o-rings are there in this bag?

Has anyone ever tried wearing this around the waist by positioning the pouch in the small of your back?

If you decide to use the waist strap, are there alternative uses for the shoulder sling strap? If so, what have you used these straps for?

hi mountain man,

there are two o-rings in the side effect.

i have carried the side effect on the small of my back while riding a bike and it works great that way. you forget it's there.