PDA

View Full Version : Soft Cell for netbook?

Beatriz
06-28-2009, 06:16 PM
I fell in love today with Toshiba's new netbook (Toshiba mini NB 205). However, a true TB addict, my first thought was "this will fit nicely in my large cafe bag" and my second thought was "Gee, I wonder if TB has a soft cell that would fit?"

The computer is 10.4 x 7.6 x 1.3 inches and the battery juts out a bit from the back.

Ideas on what size cell would work?

BPritchard
06-28-2009, 06:44 PM
The 6T size would be a good fit. See Brain cells (http://fit.tombihn.com/TB0300.html).
I selected this size for my new EGO bag to carry my Dell Mini 9. I may replace the Mini 9 in the future with a Dell Mini 12 or equivalent, so this gives me an upgrade path without having to purchase a new brain cell.

As to the Toshiba netbook, I would look at it further to see if you can upgrade the memory. This is one reason I got the Mini 9 last Dec. Easy to replace memory. Netbooks are limited to 1 gig because of Microsoft constraints on XP Home.

The 160 gig spinning drive is a waste on netbooks. I got the 16gig SSD and loaded it with Office 2007. Works fine with enough space for my purposes and boots quickly.

Plan on loading Windows 7 sometime soon.

My music files are on my 320gig Passport along with other files.

Netbooks aren't laptop replacements but are great on trips for internet access and research.