PDA

View Full Version : Can I use ID waist strap with Tri-Star?

ncb4
06-30-2009, 08:27 AM
Like so many others, I love the indigo/solar Tri-Star, and was trying to decide what I would need to order with it. I have an ID with both a waist strap and the Absolute shoulder strap. I don't think the Absolute shoulder strap from the ID is removable to use on the Tri-Star, as the ID version doesn't have those D-clips. But the waist strap simply unbuckles; could I re-use that on the Tri-Star?

Thanks!

Frank II
06-30-2009, 08:55 AM
While I can't answer your question directly, are you aware for an extra $5, TB will put a waist strap on your Tri-Star. It's connected to the backpack straps and hides-away with them when not in use.

maverick
07-01-2009, 01:12 PM
hi ncb4,

if i'm not mistaken, the id has a 1" waist strap attached via gatekeeper clips. you should be able to use this with the tri-star.

you can use your absolute shoulder strap that you purchased with your id with the tri-star. in order to do so, you will need the slides and snaphooks that are required to attach the absolute strap to the d-rings on the tri-star.

darcy,

do we offer the slides and snaphooks separately?

thanks!
-m

Like so many others, I love the indigo/solar Tri-Star, and was trying to decide what I would need to order with it. I have an ID with both a waist strap and the Absolute shoulder strap. I don't think the Absolute shoulder strap from the ID is removable to use on the Tri-Star, as the ID version doesn't have those D-clips. But the waist strap simply unbuckles; could I re-use that on the Tri-Star?

Thanks!

ncb4
07-02-2009, 02:43 PM
Hi maverick,

And thank you so much for the information. I hadn't realized it might be possible to use my Absolute strap with a D-ring attachment. I hope Darcy will be able to tell us whether I can purchase the connectors you mentioned separately.

And I hope everyone has a wonderful, and safe, holiday weekend.