PDA

View Full Version : Smart Alec and a Mac 15.4 Unibody?

HowardB
08-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Hello! I was just perusing the site and wondering if a Smart Alec will accommodate a 4Z Vertical Brain Cell loaded with a Mac 15.4 Unibody. The dimensions look kinda tight from what I can tell. Anybody out there using that configuration? Or howabout a 4Z softcell in a Smart Alec? Also, anybody have any insight on how sturdy the unibody would be in a flex inducing situation like a loaded up backpack? I'm wondering if it would crack or something if just in a softcell...?

Thanks!
-Howard

maverick
08-23-2009, 08:26 PM
hi howard,

the smart alec will definitely accommodate the 4z vertical brain cell with the 15.4" unibody macbook pro inside.

i've used the smart alec to carry the size 1 monolith (predecessor to the vertical brain cell) with a 17" powerbook inside and it worked very nicely.

HowardB
08-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Great! I just figured out how to search for tags on this forum, which brought me to your video in which you are loading (I think) a 15" Mac into your Brain Cell and then into your Smart Alec! Perfect! My order will be placed shortly...

bluedawg
08-23-2009, 09:51 PM
i have a MBP 15.4" unibody and a smart alec with a 4Z brain cell. it works very nicely!