PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used the Tall Stuff Sack as a shoe pouch?

yeti
08-25-2009, 09:02 PM
I've seen pouches into which one can put one's (dirty) shoes when packing them into a bag, and I thought that a sturdy Dyneema version would be ideal. Has anyone tried using a Tall Stuff Sack for this purpose? The height of the bag is 11", which is more than adequate for the length of my shoes (I wear a size 36, which is about a US 5.5). What I'm less sure about is whether the 6.25" diameter opening is wide enough for a pair of shoes -- anyone have any experience with this?

backpack
08-25-2009, 09:34 PM
I would not use my Tall Stuff Sack for shoes but it gets wide enough to fit big and bulky headphones.

I think it would fit thin ballet slippers style shoes and ballerina or other kind of thin flats. It might fit thin Sketchers.

It would be a tight fit for heavier dress or work flats and I am pretty sure it would not fit athletic or heavy shoes such as Dockers, Timberland or Ecco.

yeti
08-25-2009, 10:56 PM
Thanks, backpack -- do you think that for heavier/athletic shoes, one could put a shoe in each of two Tall Stuff Sacks? I suppose that could get expensive, though. I'm planning an upcoming trip with my TriStar, and I'd like to protect the Solar lining from grease/mud/gum/etc. I thought if a Tall Stuff Sack would do the trick, I might place a last-minute order.

Darcy
08-26-2009, 10:23 AM
I'd recommend using the Aeronaut End or Small, Western Flyer Small, or Tri-Star Medium Packing Cube (http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/ACC/TB091) for shoes.

pretzelb
08-26-2009, 11:03 AM
For my very dirty and smelly running shoes I bought an 8 liter stuff sack from a camping store. They are made of sturdy nylon material and designed for backpackers who want to isolate wet clothes. The 8 liter sack fits my mens size 10 shoe just about perfectly. Being extra paranoid I then put that bundle into one end of my Aeronaut. It's worked so far.