Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,300   Posts: 197,947   Members: 7,255   Active Members: 177
Welcome to our newest member, MollyyEvelynn.

D700 in an Imago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charliedid
    • Sep 2009

D700 in an Imago?

Hello friends,

Anyone use an Imago as a camera bag? I am hoping my D700 and a few primes will work as a day bag.

Thanks in advance and a photo or 2 would make my day.

Chow
  • ozone
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2008

What primes are you thinking about? Also, any other accessories? Notepad? Water bottle? Will the camera and primes be in protective cases or wraps? Other camera do-dads - is that even a word? My wife has the Imago, and I have a D300, grip, flash, primes, wayyy too many accessories, blah blah blah... I can try it out for you. I have the ID, which I sometimes use on business, and I carry my MB Air, camera, etc. It can be tight fit depending on what else you plan to carry.

Comment

• Charliedid
      • Sep 2009

thanks ozone

For right now I'd be looking at D700 no grip and a couple primes, 3 at most. I don't do flash and I don't carry a lot of other "camera stuff" as I am really just a Street shooter. I have a few Lowepro bags but don't need all that for everyday stuff. Maybe a water bottle, a light rain shell and my phone etc.

Just an everyday bag that can take my camera along. It only needs to fit well, not be taken in and out all the time. If I am shooting, my camera is in my hand or on my shoulder. I have been using a Patagonia sling bag but it does not quite work with my new gear.

Anyway, I already ordered the Imago and will know soon enough. I'm just obsessing over it for no good reason. I have had about 20-30 bags I use as a carryall over the past 20 years so I guess I fall into the "bag weirdo" category. Though after reading through this Forum I realize I am quite normal and loads of you all need to seek therapy!

One more thing, no wraps or cases...I can't stand to deal with all that stuff unless traveling. I barely even use lens caps...

Just kidding and thanks again.

Charlie

Comment

• BPritchard
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2009

Here's a review of the Imago.

You might consider the EGO (which I have) if the Imago doesn't work out. It is about an inch more in height and length and 3 inches more in depth.

Tom Bihn makes it easy to return a bag as long as you don't use it first.
        You just pay the shipping cost to return.
        Been there. Done that. Can't remember.

Comment

• Charliedid
          • Sep 2009

BPritchard thanks...

That review is great and sets my mind at ease in terms of size. I think it is gonna work just great for this purpose.

I have a bag or 3 much like the Ego in size and function but thanks for that.

I worked in the outdoor industry for years back in the late 80s thru late 90's and can't recall ever hearing about Tom Bihn.

A friend from Pittsburgh was in town and had a Cafe Bag.

great stuff.

Thanks again.

Originally posted by BPritchard View Post
          Here's a review of the Imago.

You might consider the EGO (which I have) if the Imago doesn't work out. It is about an inch more in height and length and 3 inches more in depth.

Tom Bihn makes it easy to return a bag as long as you don't use it first.
          You just pay the shipping cost to return.

Comment

• bltkmt
            Forum Member
            • Feb 2009

Please let us know how this works out. I am desperate to use a TB bag for a DSLR and a couple lenses, but just can't decide which to get. Would like to hear how the Imago works as a camera bag.
            --------------------------------

Comment

• bltkmt
              Forum Member
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by ozone View Post
              What primes are you thinking about? Also, any other accessories? Notepad? Water bottle? Will the camera and primes be in protective cases or wraps? Other camera do-dads - is that even a word? My wife has the Imago, and I have a D300, grip, flash, primes, wayyy too many accessories, blah blah blah... I can try it out for you. I have the ID, which I sometimes use on business, and I carry my MB Air, camera, etc. It can be tight fit depending on what else you plan to carry.
              Ozone:

I would be interested in seeing if you could fit a DSLR body with standard lens attached, plus a zoom (say 55-200mm) lens, both in neoprene wraps, in an Imago?
              --------------------------------

Comment

• ozone
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2008

Sorry blktmkt... I haven't checked this forum in a week. I'll give it a try and will take a photo too if I can.

Comment

Working...
                X