PDA

View Full Version : Vote!

ex machina
11-03-2009, 05:09 AM
I voted in my local elections and I looked good doing it with my Medium Cafe Bag over my shoulder, with my Voter's Guide in the outside pocket. Vote, and bring a TB bag to show good taste votes too!:)

maverick
11-03-2009, 09:33 AM
thanks ex machina!

i'm feeling like crap fighting my cold, but i'm definitely going to stop by the voting booths today!

i voted in mid-october last year with an absentee ballot because i was going to be in-flight on election day. i remember landing in paris on my way back from india and excitedly picking up the newspaper and seeing that obama had won!

MtnMan
11-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Boy, that would be unique to be clear around the world and getting election news in another country. Did you see it in a French-language newspaper, or English media?

I voted this afternoon, too. I wrote in "ELMER FUDD" for local judge. Now let the farce we have for a new judge go hunt "wabbit." He's in the hip pocket of the oil boys.

maverick
11-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Boy, that would be unique to be clear around the world and getting election news in another country. Did you see it in a French-language newspaper, or English media?

I voted this afternoon, too. I wrote in "ELMER FUDD" for local judge. Now let the farce we have for a new judge go hunt "wabbit." He's in the hip pocket of the oil boys.

it was in english (you'll find english newspapers in any european country through which you transit), though the french media was covering the u.s. elections on the tv's that were on around the airport, as was i'm sure the media around the world.

flitcraft
11-04-2009, 02:53 AM
I was in China during the last national election and drove myself crazy trying to find out what was happening on election day. One funny thing was that several Chinese colleagues asked me what Obama's Taiwan policy was and were shocked that, well informed as they thought I was, I had no idea. Still don't, for that matter.