PDA

View Full Version : O-Rings in Tom Bihn Bags

thephotomatt
11-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Hi Darcy & Tom Bihn crew-

I just recently bought an Aeronaut with all the goodies (absolute strap, packing cubes, and organizer pouch). After looking everything over I am truly amazed at the attention to detail -- I love the O-Rings in your bags!

Is it possible for me to purchase two of these black-strapped O-Rings so that I may sew them into another bag I already have? Or do you know of a supplier I might be able to purchase them from?

I have had the darndest of times scouring the internet looking for an accessory like this to buy.

Thanks so much!

-Matt in San Diego

Darcy
11-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Hi Matt!

We've considered this, but we've decided that encouraging people to modify their own bags isn't a good idea. It would void the lifetime guarantee, and folks might make modifications that would harm the bag or go against the way Tom designed it to be used - think sewing an o-ring to the exterior of a bag, then clipping a 1-liter water bottle to it. Yikes! A lot of thought goes into Tom's designs, and there's often a reason why things are the way they are - why there isn't an o-ring in one pocket while there is one in another. Edited to add: in addition, adding our o-rings to another brand of bags is adding our design features to another brand... which isn't something that feels right to us.

BPritchard
11-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Hi Darcy & Tom Bihn crew-

I just recently bought an Aeronaut with all the goodies (absolute strap, packing cubes, and organizer pouch). After looking everything over I am truly amazed at the attention to detail -- I love the O-Rings in your bags!

Is it possible for me to purchase two of these black-strapped O-Rings so that I may sew them into another bag I already have? Or do you know of a supplier I might be able to purchase them from?

I have had the darndest of times scouring the internet looking for an accessory like this to buy.

Thanks so much!

-Matt in San Diego

Here is a link that provides the materials to modify bags. (http://www.ahh.biz/index.htm)

As Darcy said, if you modify a TB bag, the lifetime warranty is null and void.
However, we computer modders realize this in reference to our equipment.

Foggy Morn
11-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Here is a link that provides the materials to modify bags. (http://www.ahh.biz/index.htm)

Head's up: There's an annoying sound track that plays on opening.

(One of my peeves, though it looks like they have some interesting stuff.)

BPritchard
11-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Head's up: There's an annoying sound track that plays on opening.

(One of my peeves, though it looks like they have some interesting stuff.)

Yeah! I noticed that. I was listening to a radio stream and wondered "what is this?"; figured it was someting wrong with the station.

They need to elimnate this "annoyance".
I will mention it if I order from this site to "mod out" my swift bag.