PDA

View Full Version : Kit?

bltkmt
11-11-2009, 12:54 PM
No, not the car....does anyone have experience with the Tom Bihn Kit? Obviously it looks cool as everything does on this damn site, but what are practical uses for it from those that have it? What can fit in it?

Thanks.

falconea
11-11-2009, 01:16 PM
It makes an excellent small sponge bag. Easily holds a large hairbrush, large comb, soap, deodorant, a cake of Lush shampoo in its tin, assorted small hairclips and hair bands, and a big hairclip. My husband and I have travelled for 3 months with just the Kit for our sponge bag - Mr Falconea's shaver travelled in a Small Organiser Pouch and I don't use any cosmetics or anything. All the basics fit neatly.

It's also a very nice pencil case.

I have three of them!

Audrey

bltkmt
11-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Is there a Maverick video on this? :)

backpack
11-11-2009, 11:56 PM
The Kit holds a lot stuff

Around 10 empty Mini Organizer Pouches really stuffed tight. Grape Kit 1

An assortment of small plastic canvas shapes. Grape Kit 2

Small parts for extra Absolute Strap. Black Kit

4 Small Organizer pouches full of coins or Kit as coin purse. Steel Kit (former use)

A JVC small camcorder and assorted padding. Steel Kit (current use)

The Steel Kit is the one that is used most often.
First because I love Steel and second because it is a Tom Bihn staple color and if it gets dirty, I can always get another one.

I don't remember when I got my Steel Kit but it is certainly a couple of years and it hasn't gotten dirty even after holding coins.

It is ideally suited to be a cosmetics, hair accessories, electronics cables, coupons, mini clear and wood stamps container, mini beads container holder and mini sewing Kit...

I believe it would make a great markers case.

The possibilities to store small things are endless.

ex machina
11-12-2009, 01:40 AM
Something I've come to learn in using Tom Bihn bags and accessories is that they have subtle yet powerful design features. They are well thought out. Applications or methods of use I had not considered at purchase become apparent over time. That's another thread I would like to see: how do you use your Tom Bihn bags and accessories?

maverick
11-12-2009, 03:28 AM
Is there a Maverick video on this? :)

not yet, but one of these days... :)

dclawyer
11-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Will the kit hold a normally sized toothbrush?

falconea
11-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Will the kit hold a normally sized toothbrush?

Yes, in a toothbrush case.

Audrey