Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,301   Posts: 197,936   Members: 7,255   Active Members: 177
Welcome to our newest member, thefrillyhell.

ID or Empire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acumo
    • Oct 2004

ID or Empire?

I'm a college student studying computer science in Los Angeles (GO Trojans!). I have an IBM Thinkpad X40 on the way, so I'll be ordering a Brain Cell Size 5 very soon. My current conflict in choice is between the ID and the Empire. Along with the Brain Cell, a 3/2-inch textbook will be carried, as well as a few loose-leaf notebooks. I'm looking for the lightest, most portable solution. Will the ID accommadate my intended inventory, or will I have to look towards the Empire?
  • Cobos
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2004

A quick test with a 1,5 '' textbook (Shriver and Atkins, Inorganic Chemistry) as well as a few roleplaying books (MM1 and PHB) all fit in the main compartment together with my Brain Cell 5 with an X40 inside it... The organisational pocket is then pretty small but you can still fit a few knicknacks in there then. I've loosened the braincell from it clips though then as it easier to fit stuff around it with it loose.

Cobos
    If you are not part of the solution you are part of the precipitate!

Comment

• acumo
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Cobos
      A quick test with a 1,5 '' textbook (Shriver and Atkins, Inorganic Chemistry) as well as a few roleplaying books (MM1 and PHB) all fit in the main compartment together with my Brain Cell 5 with an X40 inside it... The organisational pocket is then pretty small but you can still fit a few knicknacks in there then. I've loosened the braincell from it clips though then as it easier to fit stuff around it with it loose.

Cobos
      You were talking about the ID, yes? By the way, I'm "jeff the Trojan" from Thinkpads.com. Nice seeing your here too, and thanks for answering my questions!

Comment

• Cobos
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2004

OK I've been answering you on both boards
        Yes I was talking about the ID. My own ID as a matter of fact

Personally I've never used a shoulder bag before so compared to my gf that easily carries 15 lbs in her purse/messenger bag I would get a backpack if I was going to carry a heavy textbook ++ in my messenger bag. But that is not an issue with the bag but my shoulders

Cobos

Comment

• Cobos
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2004

Just to show how much stuff you can actually get into the ID bag I've done some VERY quick and basic photos. And calling me a skilled photographer would be pretty hard to do with a straight face

Anyway the pictures are about 1.5MB each, and can be found here:

5 pictures in total just exchange the last digit in the url from 2 through 6.

Cobos

PS: Hmm I'm answering a post on that thread on thinkpads.com aren't I ?

Comment

• acumo
            • Oct 2004

Thanks! That made my decision for me. You are a lot of help Cobos!

Comment

• Cobos
              Forum Member
              • Jul 2004

NP... Just happy to be of help
              But I'm curious what did you decide on ?

Cobos

Comment

• acumo
                • Oct 2004

I just placed an order for the ID black/crimson and the Brain Cill black/black.

I'm going to start looking for 1GB of memory for the X40 now.

Comment

Working...
                X