PDA

View Full Version : Larger Messenger-style bag?

BenB
10-08-2004, 03:38 PM
Just wondering if there are any plans in the works for the production of a messenger style bag with a larger capacity than the ID (Empire Builder size?). I just purchased a size 5 Brain Cell for my Ibook but am hesitant to purchase the ID because of its limited capacity. I'm a grad student and need to be carrying around more than just my laptop and some accessories. I love the capacity of the Empire Builder but I'm really not interested in a briefcase (I bike to work) or a traditional pack like the Brain Bag. I know Tom mentioned something about the production of a bag meeting these criteria on these forums earlier this year - has anything developed? If possible, I would like to purchase from Tom Bihn again as I am very impressed by the quality and always appreciate American craftmanship. Thanks in advance.

Cobos
10-09-2004, 01:26 AM
Are you sure the ID bag isn't big enough for you ? Take a look at the dialog I'm having with Acumo in the thread "ID or Empire" in this Everything Else board (and the pictures I did). I was seriously surprised about how much stuff I could actually get into that bag, and it wasn't bursting at the seams then, just comfortably full. :)

Cobos

Tom Bihn
10-20-2004, 01:03 PM
BenB,

The Super Ego and Ego messenger bags are coming along. We are working to increase our production capacity and plan on introducing the bags in early 2005.