Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,301   Posts: 197,936   Members: 7,255   Active Members: 177
Welcome to our newest member, Zmanlane1.

printing on paper for the Field Journal Notebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maverick
    Volunteer *********
    • Mar 2004

printing on paper for the Field Journal Notebook

when you travel and need to print your boarding pass, e-ticket and other travel documents, one very convenient option that results in great organization is to print them on your paper for your field journal notebook.

you can then put the boarding pass and everything into the binder mechanism and easily get at them as you go through security and board.

your passport will also fit very nicely in the outside zippered pocket of your field journal notebook.

we made a quick video of the paper going through the printer that we wanted to share with you. music for the video is courtesy of musopen that darcy recently mentioned on the forum.

there are also a couple of images below that might be of some help setting up your printer for printing on the tom bihn field journal notebook paper on a mac (would someone running windows be kind enough to demonstrate the process there? - thanks! :).

the first image shows the paper dimensions definition - it's 5.5" x 8.5" with a 0.5" left margin.

the second image shows the paper handling if you would like to print on both sides but don't have a printer that supports duplex paper handling. what you do is first print the odd pages, and then the even pages.

the third image shows the printed paper in the field journal notebook.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by maverick; 10-20-2010, 05:18 AM.
    -m
  • kcee
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2008

cool stuff yash.

not to throw this too off topic.
    but how do you like that printer ?
    i have been doing some mad scientist research on getting a new printer lately and that one was on my radar. its pretty small right, relatively speaking for printers. how is ink ?

Comment

• maverick
      Volunteer *********
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by kcee View Post
      not to throw this too off topic.
      but how do you like that printer ?
      i have been doing some mad scientist research on getting a new printer lately and that one was on my radar. its pretty small right, relatively speaking for printers. how is ink ?
      hi kcee!

i've been happy with it! we don't do a lot of heavy printing - mainly pictures and birthday cards. it has nicely handled thicker paper and cards, and i've been happy with the colors. thicker envelopes can get stuck, unfortunately. i like it's small footprint - it is unobtrusive in our family room, and it is fairly portable should the need to take it somewhere arise. it's an inkjet, but i haven't had any complaints about the ink running out too quickly.
      -m

Comment

• Katy
        I work at TOM BIHN
        • Oct 2009

Very neat! Next time I fly I will definitely do this! :)
        http://www.tombihn.com
        1-800-729-9607 (US & Canada) 360-452-0115 (other countries)
        Siquid mantica non capit, domi relinquendum est.

Comment

• kcee
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by maverick View Post
          hi kcee!

i've been happy with it! we don't do a lot of heavy printing - mainly pictures and birthday cards. it has nicely handled thicker paper and cards, and i've been happy with the colors. thicker envelopes can get stuck, unfortunately. i like it's small footprint - it is unobtrusive in our family room, and it is fairly portable should the need to take it somewhere arise. it's an inkjet, but i haven't had any complaints about the ink running out too quickly.
          awesome, yeah i wanted something small too, for occasional printing. nothing heavy. from the reviews this one sounds pretty great.

Comment

• Darcy
            TOM BIHN Crew (we work here)
            • May 2003

That's so clever, maverick!
            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

• ratdeau
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2006

Printing my documents is the reason why I want A5 paper. ;)

Comment

Working...
              X