PDA

View Full Version : this should not have happened...

maverick
12-11-2010, 06:32 PM
co-pilot moved seat, sent jetliner plummeting (http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/11/30/report-co-pilot-moved-seat-sent-jetliner-plumetting/?hpt=C2).

i don't know if i should react to this with shock, fear, pity or laughter.

oh, just to be clear, co-pilot in the aforementioned article is not a reference to the wonderful personal size carry-on bag made by tom bihn.

MtnMan
12-12-2010, 04:29 PM
And here I was thinking that somebody's carry-on luggage started moving about on its own, scaring the living daylights out of the stewardess, and causing a panic at 30,000 feet.

Silly me!

Frank II
12-13-2010, 09:53 PM
What should scare you Maverick is the fact they claim the co-pilot wasn't trained on how to recover from the dive.

I'll never fly that airline. Not trained? In the U.S., the first officer must be able to recover from any emergency situation on his own in case something happens to the Captain. If he doesn't pass training, he doesn't fly.

BTW--most private pilots can recover from a straight dive.

maverick
12-14-2010, 05:41 AM
What should scare you Maverick is the fact they claim the co-pilot wasn't trained on how to recover from the dive.

I'll never fly that airline. Not trained? In the U.S., the first officer must be able to recover from any emergency situation on his own in case something happens to the Captain. If he doesn't pass training, he doesn't fly.

BTW--most private pilots can recover from a straight dive.

yeah - i'm not completely buying their story of what happened...