PDA

View Full Version : Questionnaire

Nicole
03-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Hi to all Tom Bihn fans and customers!
My name is Nicole and I've been with Tom Bihn for almost two years now, working at the Seattle Store location. Recently I have been working on a project to determine the need and likely success of opening a Tom Bihn retail location somewhere outside of the United States. I have devised the following survey which will help address some of the issues which we must struggle with when deciding whether or not to go abroad. If you could take the time to fill this out (particularly non U.S. residents, but U.S. residents please feel free to fill it out as well!) your time and effort will be greatly appreciated! Also, don't hesitate to get in contact with me via my email address (nicole@tombihn.com) if you have any additional questions/comments/concerns or suggestions!
Thanks!
Nicole

(Probably the easiest way to get your replies to me is to reply to this post and put your answers in the reply, but I have also attached the questionnaire as a word document to this file, which you could download, fill out and then repost or email to me at the address above.)

Demographic information

I am: MALE, FEMALE

Country of Residence:

1)How often do you purchase products online? (Please select one.)
0-2 times a month, 3-5 times a month, 5 or more times a month

2)Of how many times you purchased products online, how many times did you need to return the product because you were dissatisfied? (Please select one.)
0 times, 1 time, 2 times, 3 times, 4 or more times

3) How often do you make purchases online that will be shipped to you from outside your home
country? (Please select one.)
0 times a month, 1-2 times a month, 3 or more times

4)Do you feel less secure when placing an order online that will be shipped to you from outside your home country? (Please select one.)
Yes, No, Indifferent

5)When making purchases from outside your home country, would it be more convenient if the products’ price included VAT/GST taxes? (Please select one.)
Yes, No, Indifferent

6)Would you be more willing to make a purchase that will ship to you from outside your home country if VAT/GST taxes were included in the product’s price? (Please select one.)
Yes, No, Indifferent

7)What are your major deterrents for making purchases online, either national or international? (Please select all that apply.)
I have no deterrents
Shipping Costs
Taxes, customs, and border fees
Hesitant to use credit card online
Inability to see product first hand
Other? (please explain)

8) What is the maximum percentage of your product order total that you would expect to pay for international shipping? (Example: If shipping cost is 40% shipping on a $100 order total would cost $40.) (Please write in a percentage.)
On orders up to $30 in product

On orders up to $70 in product

On orders up to $100 in product

On orders up to $150 in product

On orders up to $250 in product

On orders of $250 or more in product

9) If shipping were more economical on larger orders, would you be likely to have friends and family place orders together to save on shipping costs? (Please select one.)
Yes, No, Indifferent

10)Have you purchased a Tom Bihn product before? (Please select one.)
Yes, No

11)If yes, was the purchase made online? (Please select one.)
Yes, No

12)If you have purchased a Tom Bihn product online would you have preferred to make the purchase in a retail store location? (Please select one.)
Yes, No, Indifferent

13)If no, what deters you from purchasing a Tom Bihn product? (Please select all that apply.)
Price
Shipping Costs
Taxes, customs and border fees
Products do not meet my needs
Other? (please explain)

14)Would you be more likely to purchase a Tom Bihn product if you could see the product first hand? (Please select one.)
Yes, No, Indifferent

15)Would you like to see a Tom Bihn retail store open outside of the United States? (Please select one.)
Yes, No, Indifferent

16)If yes, where would you like the store to be located?

Cobos
03-15-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Nicole
My name is Nicole and I've been with Tom Bihn for almost two years now, working at the Seattle Store location. Recently I have been working on a project to determine the need and likely success of opening a Tom Bihn retail location somewhere outside of the United States. I have devised the following survey which will help address some of the issues which we must struggle with when deciding whether or not to go abroad. If you could take the time to fill this out (particularly non U.S. residents, but U.S. residents please feel free to fill it out as well!) your time and effort will be greatly appreciated! Also, don't hesitate to get in contact with me via my email address (nicole@tombihn.com) if you have any additional questions/comments/concerns or suggestions!
Thanks!
Nicole

(Probably the easiest way to get your replies to me is to reply to this post and put your answers in the reply, but I have also attached the questionnaire as a word document to this file, which you could download, fill out and then repost or email to me at the address above.)

Demographic information

Male

26-35

Country of Residence:
Norway

0-2 times a month

2)Of how many times you purchased products online, how many times did you need to return the product because you were dissatisfied? (Please select one.)
1 time

3) How often do you make purchases online that will be shipped to you from outside your home
1-2 times a month

4)Do you feel less secure when placing an order online that will be shipped to you from outside your home country? (Please select one.)
Yes, No, Indifferent
Yes

5)When making purchases from outside your home country, would it be more convenient if the products’ price included VAT/GST taxes? (Please select one.)
Yes, No, Indifferent
No

6)Would you be more willing to make a purchase that will ship to you from outside your home country if VAT/GST taxes were included in the product’s price? (Please select one.)
Yes, No, Indifferent
Indifferent

7)What are your major deterrents for making purchases online, either national or international? (Please select all that apply.)
I have no deterrents
Shipping Costs
Other? (please explain)
Shipping costs and delay of delivery compared to retail shop.
Customs and border fees and delays in case of international purchases.

8) What is the maximum percentage of your product order total that you would expect to pay for international shipping? (Example: If shipping cost is 40% shipping on a $100 order total would cost $40.) (Please write in a percentage.)

No more than 20% on any purchases preferably, which generally rules out the smaller purchases.

9) If shipping were more economical on larger orders, would you be likely to have friends and family place orders together to save on shipping costs? (Please select one.)
Yes, No, Indifferent
Yes

Yes, No
Yes

Yes, No
Yes

12)If you have purchased a Tom Bihn product online would you have preferred to make the purchase in a retail store location? (Please select one.)
Yes, No, Indifferent
If the alternative was international shipping probably yes.

13)If no, what deters you from purchasing a Tom Bihn product? (Please select all that apply.)
Price
Shipping Costs
Other? (please explain)

14)Would you be more likely to purchase a Tom Bihn product if you could see the product first hand? (Please select one.)
Yes, No, Indifferent
Probably yes.

15)Would you like to see a Tom Bihn retail store open outside of the United States? (Please select one.)
Yes, No, Indifferent
Yes

Norway

Joy
03-15-2005, 06:00 PM
I am: FEMALE

Country of Residence: Canada

1) 3-5 times a month

2) 0 times

3) 1-2 times a month (Approximately, more like 1-2 times per 3 months)

4) Yes

5) Yes

6) Indifferent

7) Shipping Costs
Other: Shipping Times

8) Anything over 15% is high

9) No

10) Yes

11) Yes

12) Yes

13) n/a

14) Yes

15) Yes! Yes! Yes!

16) Toronto!

Nicole
03-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Thanks to everyone who's posted or sent me a reply to the questionnaire so far! I can still use many more responses though, so if you get an itching to kill a few minutes for a good cause don't hesitate to fill it out!

Thanks!

Nicole

l3gray
06-22-2005, 03:15 AM
Demographic information

Female, 26-35

Country of Residence:

USA

3-5 times a month

1 time

1-2 times a month

Yes, No, Indifferent

No

Yes, No, Indifferent

Yes

Yes, No, Indifferent

Indifferent

I have no deterrents
Shipping Costs
Other? (please explain)

Shipping Costs (Alaska has high shipping costs, and generally people refuse to mail to us)

Yes, No, Indifferent

Indifferent

Yes, No

Yes

Yes, No

Yes

Yes, No, Indifferent

No, you all have marvelous specs online, it helps me decide.

Price
Shipping Costs
Other? (please explain)

Yes, No, Indifferent

Yes

Yes, No, Indifferent

Indifferent

Nicole
06-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Thanks for posting your response! The information is really useful when looking at how to best service our online customers!

leefc
07-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Thanks!
Nicole

Demographic information

Male

26-35

Country of Residence:

USA

0-2 times a month

2 times,

1-2 times a month

Yes, No, Indifferent

Yes

Yes, No, Indifferent

Yes

Yes, No, Indifferent

Indifferent

I have no deterrents
Shipping Costs
Other? (please explain)

20%

20%

20%

10%

10%

10%

Yes, No, Indifferent

No

Yes, No

No

Yes, No

Yes, No, Indifferent

Price
Shipping Costs
Other? (please explain)

Other, somewhat overpriced for not being able to see first hand and relative to competition

Yes, No, Indifferent

Yes

Yes, No, Indifferent

Indifferent

SunWolf
07-19-2005, 04:17 AM

Nicole,

I just noticed the questionnaire. I did not find the word document; did I miss it or did you forget to inlude?

Wladimir

Nicole
07-20-2005, 11:44 AM
Hey Wladimir! I sent you an email about this, my email address is included but you can simply just reply to it to send me your answers to the questionnaire. I appreciate you filling this out and I'm sorry it's caused you so much trouble!

SunWolf
07-21-2005, 02:52 AM
Hey Wladimir! I sent you an email about this, my email address is included but you can simply just reply to it to send me your answers to the questionnaire. I appreciate you filling this out and I'm sorry it's caused you so much trouble!

Hi Nicole, you got my answers in the meantime. It would be great if you would open a shop within the European Union, so that tax etc. would not be a problem when mail ordering.

Have a nice summer,
Wladimir

bshort
07-28-2005, 12:58 PM
Demographic information

Male

26-35

Country of Residence:

USA

5 or more times a month

Usually 0 times, once as many as 2 times.

1 time a month

Yes

Yes

Yes

Shipping Costs

20%

20%

25%

25%

15%

10%

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Indifferent

16)If yes, where would you like the store to be located?[/QUOTE]

Phil
08-04-2005, 01:41 PM
I am: MALE, FEMALE MALE

Country of Residence: US

3-5 times a month

2)Of how many times you purchased products online, how many times did you need to return the product because you were dissatisfied? (Please select one.) 1 time

country? (Please select one.) 0 times a month

4)Do you feel less secure when placing an order online that will be shipped to you from outside your home country? (Please select one.) Indifferent

5)When making purchases from outside your home country, would it be more convenient if the products’ price included VAT/GST taxes? (Please select one.) Indifferent

6)Would you be more willing to make a purchase that will ship to you from outside your home country if VAT/GST taxes were included in the product’s price? (Please select one.) Indifferent

Shipping Costs

On orders up to $30 in product - $10
On orders up to $70 in product - $10
On orders up to $100 in product - $20
On orders up to $150 in product - $20
On orders up to $250 in product - $30
On orders of $250 or more in product - $30

9) If shipping were more economical on larger orders, would you be likely to have friends and family place orders together to save on shipping costs? (Please select one.) No

10)Have you purchased a Tom Bihn product before? (Please select one.) No (about to)

N/A

12)If you have purchased a Tom Bihn product online would you have preferred to make the purchase in a retail store location? (Please select one.) Yes

14)Would you be more likely to purchase a Tom Bihn product if you could see the product first hand? (Please select one.) Yes

15)Would you like to see a Tom Bihn retail store open outside of the United States? (Please select one.) Indifferent

16)If yes, where would you like the store to be located? N/A

xenicon
09-21-2005, 01:27 PM

Country of Residence: usa

3-5 times a month

2 times

1-2 times a month

No

Yes

Yes

I have no deterrents
(few European merchants have even heard of a returns policy)

10%
15%
20%
20%
20%
15%
9) If shipping were more economical on larger orders, would you be likely to have friends and family place orders together to save on shipping costs?
No

Yes

Yes

Indifferent

Other? design

Indifferent

Yes

Copenhagen/Berlin

Cobos
09-21-2005, 01:35 PM
Xenicon: If I may be so bold as to ask, why do you want a retail store in Berlin or Copenhagen. I'm curious since it seems like such an odd suggestion, seeing as you live in US yourself ?

Cobos

Edit: Evil typo go away!

xenicon
09-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Postal systems of Denmark and Germany first rate and unlike the Med where you may not need a rugged weatherproof bag- you do in Berlin and Copenhagen.
I can't imagine arguing with a customs inspector in Paris. Ouf!
London? might as well be Brooklyn.

Nicole
09-21-2005, 03:01 PM
That's an interesting suggestion! I just wanted to say thanks for filling out the survey to everyone who has so far! We at Tom Bihn are still discussing the option of opening a retail location, or using some other means of distribution, to unleash our product on the masses outside of the United States!

Cobos
09-21-2005, 03:09 PM
You sure might want a weatherproof bag in Oslo or even worse Bergen. But that Denmark has a first rate postal service was news to me, I've never heard anyone say something like that. But on the other hand I've never heard anyone say anything bad about them either.
Do tell us if you launch your products somewhere in Europe, nothing would be better than saving on ease of order and shipping costs and time.

Cobos

xenicon
09-22-2005, 06:39 AM
any postal system that relies on bicycles for most urban deliveries is one that has a sensible supply chain. Plus, english is second language for most danes since 3rd grade. Translation not a factor.