Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,301   Posts: 197,936   Members: 7,255   Active Members: 177
Welcome to our newest member, thefrillyhell.

Empire Builder Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kitzilla
    • May 2005

Empire Builder Feedback

Just got my Empire Builder and love it, however after a few days of use there are 2 things that could make it better IMO.

1) Smooth back so that it won't abrade my work clothes when I'm running to catch a flight

2) Some of the very cool pockets under the flap could use a flap or some kind of retainer themselves.
    My iPod/headphones/charger/iTrip went rattling into the flap pocket after the bag got inverted during a little emergency stop incident on my way back from the office.

Overall, this is the best professional bag I've ever owned. Kudos.
  • dlelash
    • Jun 2005

One small thing

I really like my EB, but my one request would be that the bottom of the rear magazine pocket could open up with a zipper so the bag could slide onto the handle of a rolling luggage piece. Otherwise, the EB has lived up to my high expectations. I only wish it could also transmogrify into a backpack and messenger bag, while retaining its sharp briefcase looks the rest of the time. (No big deal to implement, I'm sure!)

Thanks folks,

Derek

Comment

• Darcy
      TOM BIHN Crew (we work here)
      • May 2003

Originally posted by dlelash
      I really like my EB, but my one request would be that the bottom of the rear magazine pocket could open up with a zipper so the bag could slide onto the handle of a rolling luggage piece. Otherwise, the EB has lived up to my high expectations. I only wish it could also transmogrify into a backpack and messenger bag, while retaining its sharp briefcase looks the rest of the time. (No big deal to implement, I'm sure!)
      You have your wish. From the Empire Builder page:
      The Empire Builder now features a "roll-aboard" slot on the back that allows you to safely stack the Empire Builder on top of a roll-aboard luggage. The slot zips shut at the bottom so it can be used as a pocket, plus there are two small pockets on either side of the slot for cell-phone or pens. Photos coming soon
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Working...
      X