Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,302   Posts: 197,939   Members: 7,255   Active Members: 177
Welcome to our newest member, thefrillyhell.

not really a TB packing list at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dlg
    Forum Member
    • Dec 2011

not really a TB packing list at all

But I'm making progress on the one bag travel! Driving to see family for the next 7 days and I've fit all my clothes into half carry-on sized roller. I really could do this in an aeronaut, and that's exciting for me.

1 pr dockers
    1 pr jeans
    3 undershirts
    3 "nice" t-shirts
    3 long sleeve t-shirts
    1 pr track shorts
    3 pr dress socks
    7 underwear

to simulate the experience, i packed this in the "ends": a pair of dress shoes and toiletries.

This is exciting for me, I'm normally a very heavy packer.
  • ncb4
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2007

Congratulations! It's taking me a while to recover from my over-packing tendencies, too, so it's great to share your success; it inspires me. And if you've streamlined so you can fit everything for a weeklong trip into your Aeronaut, I think you're doing great.

Comment

• dlg
      Forum Member
      • Dec 2011

Success! Just got home today, and all that was left unused were:
      2 t-shirts (surprise. the midwest in December.)
      3 pr underwear
      1 pr socks

But it worked out better than I could have hoped, I didn't ever feel like I needed something that hadn't been packed.

Comment

• daisy
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2011

Well done!

I thought I was doing well doing my 3 night xmas trip with "just" a western-flyer-sized bag plus a zephr-sized bag plus a medium-cafe-bag sized bag ... hmm maybe I need to work on it.

(Although I'm still planning my TB luggage layer - my travel bags held MANY Tom Bihn pouches, several packing cubes and a brain cell, Mr Daisy had his EB along)
        List under construction ....

Comment

• xtal
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2011

Now, if you want to properly descend into packing madness, I suggest you save your list (I use Google Docs for this) from this trip, and use it to base future trips. Don't forget to make notes along the way (unused items, whether you did laundry, etc.). Before you know it, you'll be streamlining every aspect of all the items you pack.

Comment

• Lani
            Forum Member
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by dlg View Post
            Success! Just got home today, and all that was left unused were:
            2 t-shirts (surprise. the midwest in December.)
            3 pr underwear
            1 pr socks
            This is actually your most important piece of data in your whole experience. Because it's only when you find out what you didn't need, that you can actually build a really good light-packing list!

Also, if you're visiting relatives or staying at an extended stay place, it's very easy to do your laundry in the middle of your trip (your relatives will laugh, but they will be happy to accommodate, and it will give them something to joke about... "Oh, Bob came home for Christmas and he still used our washing machine!"), and it would have cut your packing list even more.

Great job, by the way.

Comment

• Lani
              Forum Member
              • Apr 2009

Originally posted by daisy View Post
              I thought I was doing well doing my 3 night xmas trip with "just" a western-flyer-sized bag plus a zephr-sized bag plus a medium-cafe-bag sized bag ... hmm maybe I need to work on it.
              [Jerry Lewis voice:] Hey lady!!!

I'm really interested in your packing list, Daisy. I'm not sure I can pack that much for a three-day trip even if I tried!

At the very least, you should be able to just go with a Western Flyer and a purse. What's taking up so much room? If you say "my three sweaters," you are packing too much.

Comment

Working...
              X