PDA

View Full Version : Co-Pilot In Cardinal (With a certain monster on the packaging!)

gizmo
02-29-2012, 08:38 AM
My order for the Co-Pilot in Cardinal, along with some pouches, arrived this afternoon. I had put in a request in the special instructions box asking if I could get the Loch Ness Monster drawn on my box. Never ones to disappoint the lovely TB crew accepted my request and the following was on my box when it was delivered :-) ;

As for the bag itself, I'm in love. It's perfect for my needs (a daily bag to carry my gadgets that wasn't massive!) and reminds me very much of my Synapse which I also adore. I also got a organiser wallet in cork, steel pen pouch and small padded pouch.

The bag really does manage to fit a lot into it considering it's size. I had hoped it'd fit about half of what I carry in my Synapse but it manages to take it all with no problem at all! I'll post some photos below showing what it can carry. Hopefully they might help others as I know photos other members have posted in the past have definitely helped me in deciding which bag to get. :-)

gizmo
02-29-2012, 08:44 AM
This first photos shows everything I managed to fit inside the bag. I wasn't sure if my Klean Kanteen would fit as it's one of the wide 18oz bottles but it went in without a problem!

This shows the bag closed, It doesn't bulge at all.

This shows everything inside.

The Cardinal is turning out to be one of my favourite colours. It's really hard to photograph how it looks in real life, but as you can see below I have developed a soft spot for it!

dorayme
02-29-2012, 09:31 AM
Gorgeous, and thanks for the overview. I have yet to debut my co-pilot, but it's always good to see what others can fit, and how they pack their bag.

kmcg
02-29-2012, 09:49 AM
Thanks for posting all those great photos! The steel dyneema and cardinal are a great combo, and I like seeing what you fit in the Co-Pilot. Can you say more about (1) the size of your lunch box - so cute! and (2) that interesting banana thing. I've never seen anything like that before :)

larryb
02-29-2012, 10:02 AM
Great pics...Cardinal is becoming one of my favorites too.

dorayme
02-29-2012, 10:06 AM
I'm curious about breaking off the zipper pulls. Could you please elaborate on how you did that. I think I would like to remove mine too!

gizmo
02-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Thanks for posting all those great photos! The steel dyneema and cardinal are a great combo, and I like seeing what you fit in the Co-Pilot. Can you say more about (1) the size of your lunch box - so cute! and (2) that interesting banana thing. I've never seen anything like that before :)

Thanks for the comments. The lunchbox is from the Lunchbots range. It's the Lunchbot Duo and has a divider in the middle so you can put a couple of different foods in it. The size is roughly 6" x 4" x 2". They have a website at LunchBots Stainless Steel Food Containers (http://www.lunchbots.com) with their full range. :-)

The banana holder I got off eBay. I've been victim to a squished banana is my bags before, depending what else has been in the bag. So this way it's protected from getting bashed or squished!!

gizmo
02-29-2012, 10:46 AM
I'm curious about breaking off the zipper pulls. Could you please elaborate on how you did that. I think I would like to remove mine too!

The Synapse has spoiled me with no zippers, used to walking about jangle free now! ;-)

I just used a pair of scissors to cut them off. There is a thinner section at the top of each zipper, almost like a small indent. I put the scissors on there and managed to cut them off with no problems!

Badger
02-29-2012, 10:59 AM
Banana holder = awesome.

I'm impressed with how much fits in your Co-Pilot. Do you carry the MBA nekkid or in some sort of sleeve? I always feel like whenever I put my iPad in its Cache it takes up all the room in my Co-Pilot.

Lani
02-29-2012, 01:13 PM
I HAVE to ask.

Is that an Ewok? Or a mini-Chewbacca?

Badger
02-29-2012, 01:32 PM
I HAVE to ask.

Yorkshire terrier?

Katy
02-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Yorkshire terrier?

Mini Sasquatch?

WhiteStar
02-29-2012, 01:37 PM
I HAVE to ask.

I thought it looked like a Pomeranian (the other canine occupant here at WhiteStar).

gizmo
02-29-2012, 01:56 PM
I HAVE to ask.

Haha! It's a mini-Chewbacca. Makes the Chewy noise and everything if you press him!

backpack
02-29-2012, 02:16 PM
Oh so lovely looking!

I neeeeed a Cardinal Order.

Do you, fellow forum members and Tom Bihn Lovely Crew realize that I have gotten even more serious about becoming a dog mom since the Citizen Canine came out?

Do you realize that the boxes with drawings on them are or will become collectibles any time soon.

Because TB products are so great and durable, I have often thought of using them as fundraising items for charities. An especially decorated box with the non-profit primary beneficiaries of it's work such as dog, cats... drawn on the box and offered at a charity auction, would, in my opinion make a lot of money.

An item set up in this manner, in a color I know I would absolutely not keep for myself, is on my list of things to do to make the world a better place.

backpack
02-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Sooooooooooooooo cute!

White Star posts on the forum have risen the level of cuteness of this already full of cute people and pet friendly, forum. :)

WhiteStar
02-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Here is is at 12 weeks in full Ewok mode.

backpack
02-29-2012, 03:15 PM
Oh my goodness, White Star, have you captured ultimate cuteness or what?

TXGirl
02-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Great pics, gizmo! I think I may have to put the Cardinal LS back on my Wishlist.

LJW
02-29-2012, 05:39 PM
Excellent choice of colors. I am falling in love with the Cardinal and Steel combination. And a traveler's notebook! I carry one too and it's nice know it will fit in a copilot.

dorayme
02-29-2012, 10:46 PM
I evidently lack your dexterity and skills. A kitchen knife, pair of now dulled kitchen shears, and two sets of needle nose pliers plus 15 minutes or so of S.W.A.T. Team like concentration later and my Co-Pilot is now free of metal zipper pulls and sporting the TB nylon/poly ones. Whew. I feel like I deserve a cookie!
I now have a burning desire to order zipper pulls for my Western Flyer, Side Effect, FJN and Packing cubes. . . Baby steps dor. Baby steps.

LJW
03-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Dorayme, if you come up with a good way to do this without risking a visit to the local Emergency Room, please share! I have the nylon zipper pulls and am eyeing my aeronaut across the room..

Badger
03-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Eep. Don't use kitchen knives for cutting metal, despite what Chef Tony tells you.

I think a safe way to do this is to go to the hardware store and ask the key cutter guy to clip the pulls for you. A jeweler might also be able to do it.

WhiteStar
03-01-2012, 08:28 AM
The pictures in this post pushed me over the edge. I just ordered an Iberian Co-Pilot to be included with my UV Synapse that should ship out as soon as the Black/UV Synapse makes it back to Seattle.

I have it BAD.

(And, oh yeah, there might be a Plum/Cayenne MCB coming too, because I am apparently all about getting the unusual color combos that might never be repeated...)

dorayme
03-01-2012, 09:10 AM
The kitchen knife wasn't for the metal, it was to separate the poly on the corded pulls I had already attached. The needle nosed pliers worked the best. One at the pull end, one at the supper mechanism end and bend till the metal breaks then snap. Scissors were about to impale me.

Tlacltme
03-01-2012, 09:19 AM
LOVE the Cardinal as well! I received a baby Cadet for Cmas in the Cardinal and it is fabulous. Nice photos, gizmo. Literally laughed out loud at your mini, noise-making chewbacca!

Badger
03-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Scissors were about to impale me.

Uh-oh. Sounds scary.

Thanks for the clarification.

Lani
03-01-2012, 11:33 AM
I thought it looked like a Pomeranian (the other canine occupant here at WhiteStar).

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

KAWAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made little fists with my hands and shook them like a pair of maracas while I squeezed my eyes and made squeeing noises.

OMG SOOOOO CUTE!!!

I am the dying of the cute!!!

Lani
03-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Whew. I feel like I deserve a cookie!

Maybe not a cookie, but I believe Whitestar might be able to send you a picture of a mini-wookie.

ncb4
03-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Dorayme, if you come up with a good way to do this without risking a visit to the local Emergency Room, please share! I have the nylon zipper pulls and am eyeing my aeronaut across the room..

No, no-o-o-o! Put the sharp instruments down and step away from your Aeronaut! I can just see the carnage now. This whole thread is sending stabbing pains to my fingers (which I have sliced and diced far too often).

ncb4
03-01-2012, 12:15 PM
The kitchen knife wasn't for the metal, it was to separate the poly on the corded pulls I had already attached. The needle nosed pliers worked the best. One at the pull end, one at the supper mechanism end and bend till the metal breaks then snap. Scissors were about to impale me.

So you did manage this surgery after all, without suffering any injury? Sounds like a miracle.

WhiteStar
03-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Heavy duty wire snips made quick work of removing the zipper pulls. Even for a "weakling" like me. I searched the forums before attempting surgery on my new Co-Pilot last night and found a post from Tom himself that suggested cutting the pull twice so that you don't have to bend it to remove it. Worked like a charm.

TXGirl
03-18-2012, 04:22 PM

I'm going to attempt this now. Wish me luck!

*Done. The hardest & longest time was separating the poly on the corded pulls that were already attached. I had my husband break the metal zippers using the needle nose pliers which only took a few seconds each.

PhindyPhil
03-19-2012, 10:12 AM
This first photos shows everything I managed to fit inside the bag. I wasn't sure if my Klean Kanteen would fit as it's one of the wide 18oz bottles but it went in without a problem!

Love Neverwhere! :)