PDA

View Full Version : A few hours with my new Ristretto

DQBunny
03-12-2012, 03:48 PM
So, I got version 2 of the Ristretto today, and it's just brilliant. My entire package included an upgrade splurge to the Absolute Shoulder Strap and an ultrasuede screen cloth for my iPad. I went with what Tom Bihn calls lapis blue, but I call it TARDIS blue. Look at this beautiful combo.

I immediately grabbed what I would consider a full load to be on a normal day and packed it up. I had the original-style Ristretto for my original iPad, and I liked it then. I love it even more now because things aren't at risk of tumbling out of the front pockets. Here's the front pocket all loaded up with a ballpoint pen, Jot Pro stylus, sonic screwdriver (River Song's) and a Clear Organizer Wallet with my MacBook Air charger tucked down in front. The other pocket will hold my iPhone, but it was pressed into camera duty.

... what, doesn't everyone carry a sonic with them? (Note: River's and Ten's fits perfectly. Eleven's is a bit too tall. It'll fit, but you have to tuck it beneath the flap.)

And here's the main compartment. It's a bit hard to see, but I have the 11-inch MacBook Air in the compartment, my iPad 2, a Kindle Touch, a small stuff sack with a knitting project and a small organizer pouch with knitting tools and some odds and ends that needed a home such as small toiletry items. I'll be splitting this into to separate pouches. I also wound up tucking my iPad into the padded compartment along with my MacBook Air. It'll go comfortably in either location.

Here it is all loaded up!

And, yes, I do have room for more. I absolutely love it, and feel it perfectly complements my Synapse for days I don't want to lug around a backpack like today when I'm wearing a dress. The load was very light, and I could comfortably lug it through airports. There was room for more, and I'll need to organize a little bit more, but this is another splendid bag. I was torn between the Imago and Co-Pilot for awhile, but I'm glad I decided to wait and got this instead.

kmcg
03-12-2012, 04:48 PM
It looks great!

gdziengel
03-28-2012, 11:37 AM
a small stuff sack with a knitting project and a small organizer pouch with knitting tools

Could you say how big of a ball of yarn fits in there? I am seriously considering a the Ristretto, but the pictures didn't look like I could fit a 100g ball of sock yarn in one so I've been holding off.

Maria
03-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Oh that is really really a good looking combination! Thanks for the photos. Now to add that to my list....