PDA

View Full Version : GobiGear Luggage Compression Organizer

kjm3579
04-04-2012, 07:57 AM
I just saw this on Facebook and it looks like a great item. I'm thinking of trying one of these and was wondering if any of you all had seen/tried it and what you're thoughts were on it....

Frank II
04-04-2012, 08:38 AM
How about a link to the product?

jeffmac
04-04-2012, 09:13 AM
I assume you mean this (http://mygobigear.com/products-page)?

Haven't tried it out personally but it does look interesting...

Badger
04-04-2012, 09:33 AM
It kind of looks like it's meant to be used as a stand-alone bag--although doesn't look like it does that great of a job of compressing. It's also kind of ugly, which is not charitable of me to say, but there you have it.

WhiteStar
04-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Well I do thnik Badger kind of summed it up.

And if it IS meant to be used as a stand alone bag, would you really want you stuff "exposed" on both ends? Dirt, weather and just plain having stuff fall out....

Frank II
04-04-2012, 10:48 AM
I agree with the above posters. Plus, think of the wrinkles.

kjm3579
04-05-2012, 06:35 AM
Sorry, I meant to include the link but yesterday was one of those days! It's here: Products Page | GobiGear (http://mygobigear.com/products-page). They show an example of using it inside a backpack. I am saving to buy an Aeronaut and was thinking of using the organizer inside it -- I'm thinking that with things rolled up inside it I could minimize wrinkles. I found from when I used to travel with a RO AirBoss that I am not a folder type of person.

Frank II
04-05-2012, 10:00 AM
My suggestion, as someone who rolls clothes (and sometimes folds depending on my mood), is to buy the Tom Bihn packing cubes for the Aeronaut instead of this. Better clothes management, easier to get to items, and the dimensions are friendlier for optimum use of the Aeronaut.

I also wonder what the dimensions would be once it's filled and cinched down. This looks like it would be good for a top loading backpack, but the cylindrical design may not be optimum for a rectangular/square shape bag like the Aeronaut.

YMMV.