Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,302   Posts: 197,944   Members: 7,255   Active Members: 177
Welcome to our newest member, MollyyEvelynn.

Bag suggestion for public defender?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dogisgood
    • Dec 2005

Bag suggestion for public defender?

First off, let me say I absolutely adore my Empire Builder and Brain Cell combo. But now I want to get a bag for my husband as a surprise, so I'm seeking suggestions. He's a public defender and carries a lot of heavy legal files, along with calendar, PDA, cell phone, etc., etc., etc. I swear his bag must weigh 40 pounds. A few years ago he started having back and shoulder problems, probably from schlepping all that stuff up the hill from his office to juvie and back, so he got one of those dreaded wheeled monstrosities. It's getting kind of ratty, though, and he's just been transferred back to felonies, which means court is now quite close to his office. He probably wouldn't be hauling lots of files AND a laptop very often--more likely one or the other. He admires my EB, but I'm not sure it's the best choice for him, given the volume of stuff he often carries. I chose the EB because of several particular design features (I could go on and on--I really put a lot of thought into it), and because it's cool (mine has a wasabi interior!) but I can still get away with it in meetings with corporate clients and stodgy lawyers from New York who think Seattle is practically the wilderness. My husband's clients, however, probably don't even notice the briefcase, much less care, so he could go for something less conventional if it better met his needs. Suggestions from TB users and fans would be most appreciated.
  • shenkin
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2005

From a New York Stodg

Originally posted by dogisgood
    ... stodgy lawyers from New York who think Seattle is practically the wilderness. My husband's clients, however, probably don't even notice the briefcase, ...
    Hrumph. I resent your remarks about "stodgy lawyers from New York". And of course, no self-respecting lawyer from any civilized part of the world would even consider accepting "clients... [who] don't even notice the briefcase."

Comment

Working...
    X