Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,301   Posts: 197,936   Members: 7,255   Active Members: 181
Welcome to our newest member, Zmanlane1.

First Aid Kit Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misterN
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2011

First Aid Kit Ideas

Hello,

So in being part of this community for awhile now, I've noticed that a lot of us Tom Bihn folks seem to have a little first aid kid that they keep with them in their bags. It varies in size, from the mini pouches to the 311 bag, but a lot of you seem to have those items "just in case."

So my question is, what do you carry when you want to have a first aid kit.

I should note that I've gained interest in this for a cabin trip that me and the significant other are going on. Just to be prepared.

Any thoughts/ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,
    Zach
    Super Ego w/Seat Belt Buckle [Black/Steel/Wasabi], Cadet 13/15 [Cardinal/Steel], Aeronaut 45 [Cardinal/Steel], 13" Ristretto (Old) [Olive/Cayenne], Synapse 19 [Indigo/Iberian], Camera I/O, and a whole bunch of other goodies.
  • darbs
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2012

In my gym bag and at work I have a small OP with band-aids, neosporin, alieve, tums, a few lactaid pills, a few decongestant pills, a few allergy pills, chapstick and a hair rubberband. In the car, I've got a generic bag with band-aids, neosporin, tums, lactaid pills, decongestant, allergy meds, alcohol swabs, cortizone lotion, a small burn cream, some gauze pads, a few plastic-wrapped q-tips and cotton balls I snagged from a hotel, a travel pack of wet-ones wipes, chapstick, a travel size tube of sunscreen, and a hair rubberband.
    Yes, the chapstick and hair bands are odd, but I'm always needing and always losing those items so I tend to stick extras in any bag that stays in one place. And I'm constantly restocking those 2 items! The lactaid pills are obviously for my lactose intolerance and because I refuse to give up cheese. In the car kit, I have Claritin that I take every day for allergies, but I also have benadryl because I seem to be developing allergies and a randomly rapid pace.

Comment

• flitcraft
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2008

My first aid kit for traveling includes several bandaids, a couple of pieces of pre-cut moleskin for blisters, small pill packets with naproxen sodium or ibuprofen tablets, one with a few sudafed tablets, one with a few immodium tablets, and one with a few antacids; also a tiny eyeglass repair kit, a sharpish pair of tweezers, some sealed packets of insect repellant wipes if I'm going to a mosquito-rich area, and a small jar of aloe vera gel in case I don't use my sunscreen application right and get a bit burned. (I also add one of those free hotel-sewing kits,too.) The whole thing fits into a small pouch, weighs practically nothing, and is worth its weight in gold when I need it...
      Western Flyer (crimsom) with Absolute strap, Zephyr (black), Medium Cafe Bag (steel/olive), Shop Bags (solar, steel), Large Cafe bag (navy/cayenne), Small café bag (forest), Tristars (steel/solar and indigo/solar),Aeronaut (steel), Side Effects (old skool black cordura, olive parapack), Imagos (steel, cork, wasabi, and aubergine, hemp, steel), Dyneema Western Flyer (Nordic/Steel) and miscellaneous packing cubes, pouches, etc.

Comment

• Tlacltme
        Forum Member
        • Oct 2011

My first aid kit is rather basic: adult, children, and infant ibprofuen and LOTS of band aids with the Neosporin already on them. Of course, I have eight children and so band aids tend to magically solve a myriad of problems. I keep this stash in a small cordura pouch in my everyday carry bag, whatever that bag happens to be on any given day (I like to switch it up frequently ). During the summer I have a bottle of sunblock in each vehicle but I don't carry that with me unless I'm headed to the pool or the ball diamond for the day.

Comment

• moriond
          Volunteer Moderator
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Tlacltme View Post
          …and LOTS of band aids with the Neosporin already on them.
          I do this, too, and was rather wondering why other posters didn't mention using this. Of course, there is a more limited lifetime for the band aids stocked this way, but it always seemed better to be prepared this way.

moriond

Comment

• KmK
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2011

For me, it depends. I just put one together in a small OP for an international trip I am soon to take and it includes--Benedryl, immodium, Tums, bandaids, Neosporin packets, alcohol swabs, q-tips, anti-itch cream, Tums, ibuprophen. All things I have used or wished I had with me on trips in the past. I find that a useful guideline for what to bring.

Comment

• daisy
              Forum Member
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by moriond View Post
              I do this, too, and was rather wondering why other posters didn't mention using this. Of course, there is a more limited lifetime for the band aids stocked this way, but it always seemed better to be prepared this way.

moriond
              I don't do this ... because I've never heard of such a product!

We're a bit behind on the mod-cons here in the antipodes.

My (daily) first aid kit is a organiser wallet - for a trip I add the appropriate items in a in the 3-1-1 organiser thingy. (a great little bag).
              List under construction ....

Comment

• Macgirl
                Forum Member
                • Jul 2012

I always pack an Adventure Medical Kit Smart Travel kit in my main bag. I've removed the first aid booklet/information and replaced it with a space blanket and added additional allergy meds. I also have a "boo-boo" kit that is always on me in my everyday bag that consists of various sized bandages w and w/o Neosporin, cleansing wipes, sheet of moleskin, forceps/tick remover and a flat roll of duct tape; all contained in a waterproof Dryflex zip bag. It's old and used so I've restocked it with the items I use the most, it's now sold as the Pocket Medic.

Comment

Working...
                X