PDA

View Full Version : the aeronaut and small cafe bag in bavaria!

maverick
05-24-2012, 06:53 AM
hi folks!

i'm in munchen for the day with my aeronaut and small cafe bag!

it's a beautiful sunny day in bavaria, though we had a quick down pour. the contents of my bags are dry - tom bihn 2, rain 0! :)

i saw an apple store here in marienplatz, and i thought let me pop in and share a few pictures. more to follow when i return!

Maria
05-24-2012, 12:48 PM
Those bags looks very good together! Makes me want a conifer small cafe bag again!

Katy
05-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Awesome photos as usual Maverick!

maverick
05-24-2012, 09:37 PM
my aeronaut is fairly loosely packed. 4-5 t-shirts, 3 yoga pants, 5 pairs of underwear, 2 pairs of shorts - all in a packing cube backpack, a rain coat, a big fat hard bound book, toiletries in a clear quarter packing cube, adapters and chargers in small organizer pouches, and my 13" macbook air. oh, and my crazy creek roll up camping chair tied on the outside.

my small cafe bag has my clear organizer wallet, ear plugs and earphones in a mini padded organizer pouch, change in a mini dyneema organizer pouch, fuji x10 camera, iphone, 2 pens, lip balm, sunglasses, and i'm not sure what else.

i have to say it was interesting being at the apple store in munich - it is amazing how the setup, selection of accessories (except some stuff that varies to locality) and so forth is identical to the apple stores in the u.s. my macbook air and iphone even connected automatically to the apple store wifi!

maverick
05-24-2012, 09:50 PM
lunch at a vegetarian restaurant in marienplatz called prinz myshkin.

maverick
05-24-2012, 10:13 PM
around marienplatz -

moriond
05-24-2012, 11:04 PM
lunch at a vegetarian restaurant in marienplatz called prinz myshkin.
I've eaten there before! Great pictures, maverick.

moriond

Sera
05-25-2012, 07:53 AM
Beautiful pictures of a terrific city! And thank you for the packing lists. I'm trying to learn to pack less stuff, so I'm always nosily interested to see what other folks take with them. :)

Badger
05-25-2012, 07:56 AM
Awesome pictures! My favorite is the dude chilling out on the fountain.

Shiva
05-25-2012, 11:06 AM
this looks incredibly delicious...and I am stunned you could find a vegetarian place there. Tells me how much it has all changed. the last time I was in Bavaria--a decade or so ago, it was next to impossible to find anything!

moriond
05-25-2012, 02:03 PM
this looks incredibly delicious...and I am stunned you could find a vegetarian place there. Tells me how much it has all changed. the last time I was in Bavaria--a decade or so ago, it was next to impossible to find anything!
I think Prinz Myshkin opened in 2002, so that is just about a decade ago. Munich (München) has always been a pretty international and cosmopolitan city. What amazes me more is that I know someone who is ethnic German and who managed to be a vegetarian while growing up in Germany and going to university there in the 1980s.

moriond

maverick
05-26-2012, 07:31 AM
Beautiful pictures of a terrific city! And thank you for the packing lists. I'm trying to learn to pack less stuff, so I'm always nosily interested to see what other folks take with them. :)

hi sera!

i try to pack 3 changes of clothes (and i'm wearing the 4th) for trips that are 3 days long or 10 days long, or certainly longer, and plan to have my clothes laundered (or to do laundry) at my destination. this approach works well so long as i don't require attire for a special occasion - in which case i'd pack that in addition to the daily changes of clothes.

certainly, if your travels involve varying climates, you'll need to plan for that.

i've used the aeronaut to pack for trips in the winter where i need lighter clothes in the afternoon and warm clothes for the early morning, and it hasn't let me down!

because this is a summer trip with warm weather, my aeronaut isn't packed to the brim.

i also must applaud the packing cube backpack. if you over-shop while on travels, you can pull the packing cube backpack out to hold either your clothes or stuff you bought!

it occurs to me that the other thing i did this time is not pack any bars, nuts or trail mix (something i usually keep in my aeronaut while on travel in case the airline forgets my vegetarian meal request - and something that comes back home with me on most trips). that means i can put my small cafe bag into one of the end compartments of the aeronaut if i want to.

Sera
05-26-2012, 09:01 AM
Thanks so much for taking the time to put up a detailed response! <3

maverick
05-30-2012, 04:48 AM
the aeronaut and small cafe bag waiting to board at amritsar airport in india...

i love the look i was getting from the guy sitting a couple of seats down from my bags - he's probably wondering - what's wrong with this guy? he's taking a picture of his bags???

hehehe! :)

maverick
05-30-2012, 04:49 AM
the aeronaut waiting to board at münchen airport...

ncb4
05-30-2012, 09:18 AM
maverick, what is that on top of the Aeronaut?

~Nancy

maverick
05-30-2012, 09:47 AM
maverick, what is that on top of the Aeronaut?

~Nancy

that, my dear, is a hexalite tall back camping chair from crazy creek!

it unrolls and folds into an L-shape, providing back support when you're sitting on the ground for extended periods of time.

i love that i can attach it to the d-rings where the absolute strap would attach!

maverick
05-30-2012, 12:31 PM
by the way, when i was checking in at the lufthansa counter in new delhi, the airline staff wanted to weigh my carry on. i said sure, and i started to remove my aeronaut. when she saw that, she asked whether that was it. i told her yes, to which she responded - it's okay, don't worry.

i love it!

either they figure that if i'm carrying it on my back, it can't be that heavy. or if it is that heavy, let him suffer carrying it on his back! :)

it's like the aeronaut is my free pass to bring however much stuff i can stuff in there on board! i could pack it to the brim with lead beads (i wonder how much that would weigh), and no one would say a word. well, security would have something to say i'm sure!

Maria
05-30-2012, 12:36 PM
Great pictures (as usual). Plus the packing tips too.

Had to laugh at the Lufthansa counter agent's reaction to your Aeronaut!

Cheers!

MunichMama
06-23-2012, 05:48 AM
I'm going to Munich in 11 days! This is my home town and I haven't been there since 5 years! Thank you so much for the pictures, I can't wait!!

maverick
06-23-2012, 08:28 AM
I'm going to Munich in 11 days! This is my home town and I haven't been there since 5 years! Thank you so much for the pictures, I can't wait!!

how fabulous! have a most wonderful trip!! we'd love to see some pictures if you get the opportunity!

just thinking - it's one of those beautiful days - would love to be walking about marienplatz!