PDA

View Full Version : Yellowstone Week with TB

gochicken
08-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Our family's trip to Yellowstone was full of natural beauty, wildlife, relaxation, and Tom Bihn Bags!

For the airport/airplane segments my new Forest/UV Tri-Star and Black UV Co-Pilot were great. United made us check our carry ons at the gate, so sorry, no picture of TS in the CRJ-200 overhead bin.

My Tri-Star held everything I needed for a week in weather ranging from 40's to upper 80's plus gifts for friends and other misc totally unnecessary items, and I still had room for more, but it weighed 17 pounds and that, I discovered, was my maximum weight to carry comfortably on my back for long periods.

In the Park, I carried my UV Packing Cube Shoulder Bag with Absolute Strap from my Co-Pilot. That arrangement was so comfortable that I hardly noticed I was carrying anything, but the PCSB held everything I needed with room to spare. It even waited patiently with me for Old Faithful to erupt.

We used a Large UV Shop Bag lined with a soft shell jacket as a "cooler" to hold the day's sandwiches, cold drinks, and snacks.

Back in the town of West Yellowstone, I used my RFID pouch as a little purse with a long keystrap as the handle. It held my iPhone and a Cork wallet. I was able to attend a local "Knit Night" with my tall Yarn Stuff Sack holding my project and knitting accessories.

Overall, with my TB gear, I felt very organized and ready for action. I'll post scenic pictures next.

gochicken
08-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Sights of Yellowstone

Bison:
Bison and Moose friend in TS:

Old Faithful:

Mammoth Hot Springs:

Sapphire Pool:

Darcy
08-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Fantastic photos. Isn't Yellowstone amazing?