PDA

View Full Version : The Aubergine twins commence their trip

Seikoguy
12-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Well, not really twins, but they do compliment each other. Here they are at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, with the 777 in the background that would wing them towards Tokyo-Narita International airport.

At the "G" gates of the airport, there are iPads for the use of waiting passengers.

ncb4
12-16-2012, 08:01 AM
Wow, what a great airport: iPads for passengers! And I think you may have just helped me make up my mind. My son has already informed me that I'm getting a TB gift certificate for Christmas: did I raise him right, or what? :D And I am in love with Aubergine: I already have an Aeronaut, a Little Swift, a Kit, and a Small OP in Aubergine. I've been trying to make up my mind about whether to get another Co-Pilot in Aubergine. I mean, I already have two Co-Pilots, one in Indigo/Solar and the other in Cardinal.(I suppose I could sell the Cardinal one on eBay, because your photos of the Aubergine Co-Pilot have sold me on it. It's so beautiful, and it makes such a great companion to the Aeronaut.

Are you back in the US now? How was your experience traveling with the Aubergine Twins? Do you have a packing list you could share?

I hope you had a fantastic trip to Japan.

Seikoguy
12-16-2012, 11:35 AM
NBC4, thanks for the kind words and for sharing your thoughts. I really do love that rich Aubergine color. The pair does make great travel companions. And I'm still in Asia as I write this - won't be back in the States for another 2 weeks. At this time, I can't find anything I would change about this pairing. We'll see as I put more "miles" on them!

moriond
12-16-2012, 11:44 AM
@seikoguy Terrific picture of the Co-Pilot in Aubergine with its product page on the iPad! One of the disadvantages of using Tapatalk is that I can't "like" posts as I read them. Beautiful color - I'm looking over at my Little Swift in Aubergine now.

moriond

Seikoguy
12-16-2012, 11:59 PM
Thank you for the kind words, moriond. The next three photos were taken at Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi International airport, where I presently am as I write this.

First shot is at one of the various shopping concourses at the airport. I daresay that there are more stores in this airport than a lot of malls I have been to!

Next two shots were taken in one of the Royal Silk lounges of Thai Airways. This section is a quiet corner away from the busier sections of the lounge. A particular shade of purple is the main color for Thai Airways and can be seen in all the airline's livery. I thought it would be interesting to see how the Aubergine compares.

Next stop, Malaysia!

blackfungi
12-17-2012, 01:39 PM
gorgeous photos!!!! tom bihn bags just stand out from the crowd!

flushpuppy
12-27-2012, 09:09 PM
Hmm. I wasn't sure about that color til I saw your photos. I am considering an Imago but don't really love the current colors it comes in. May have to reconsider! Thanks!

mifcnm
01-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Looks great, just courious what color did you choose on the inside.

Seikoguy
01-05-2013, 01:40 PM
Looks great, just courious what color did you choose on the inside.
Thanks for the kind words. For the Aeronaut, I selected the Ultraviolet interior. The Co-Pilot comes only in Steel at this time.

Fat Crip
01-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Great pics! The CP next to the iPad is cool!

Eric

marbenais
01-05-2013, 10:04 PM
I wish I could get a matching set right away! I've only gotten the Aubergine wallet so far, due to financial constraints, but the Aubergine/Ultraviolet Aeronaut . . . I want one. It looks so gorgeous.

Chamonix
01-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Sweet combo! The Co-Pilot looks really nice.