PDA

View Full Version : What's in your field journal? Let's see a photo.

TOBaggirl
01-08-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm fascinated by all the "what's in your bag" videos and photo groups out there, and thought it would be interesting to see what's in people's FJ's. I would like to purchase one but I can't figure out what do with it. (I feel the same way about Moleskine journals. It may have been the book of choice for Hemingway, but so far after looking through a bunch of "What's in your Moleskine?" groups I've come to the conclusion that there's nothing in them, just a bunch of sketches and grocery lists. No one is writing the next great novel, not that I've noticed.) Let's make it a photo thread, cuz we all love photos of other people's stuff. :)

Darcy
01-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Great idea.. can't wait to see the photos. I'll add them to our Field Journal Notebook set on Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tombihn/sets/72157629920555141/).

Fat Crip
01-08-2013, 02:15 PM
I've always liked the look of the FJN since it was first debuted here, but, for the life of me, I can't think what I'd use it for... I'm really looking forward to what people post here!😃

Moose
01-08-2013, 04:02 PM
There are some photos of mine in a thread titled Loads of Lefty Love. I can't post a link from this device, sorry. I too love the what's in your bag photos. I see some amazing stuff sometimes.
Moose

Darcy
01-08-2013, 04:07 PM
There are some photos of mine in a thread titled Loads of Lefty Love. I can't post a link from this device, sorry. I too love the what's in your bag photos. I see some amazing stuff sometimes.
Moose

Here's a link to the thread Moose is talking about. (http://forums.tombihn.com/bag-reviews/3372-loads-lefty-love.html) Moose, I added your photos to the FJN set on Flickr -- thanks!

kellie16
01-08-2013, 05:58 PM
I just got my FJ yesterday but I love it already! I bought it to use as my Household/Life portable planning station and it is perfect. Photos were taken last night by iPhone but the give you the general idea. The second photo is to demonstrate what a compact bag this is (that is my Kindle Keyboard for comparison). I have also removed the shoulder strap as this will travel inside my main EDC bags (Co-Pilot, LCB, Swift). The plum colour is, as usual, totally gorgeous. The construction is impeccable.

ETA: I forgot to say that my Kindle fits perfectly in the back slip pocket, and I am pretty confident that an iPad mini in a slimline TB style cache or Smart Cover, would sit neatly inside a zipped up FJ. Which would make my FJ Planner the total bomb shizzle!!