PDA

View Full Version : Abbreviations...

Skippit
08-22-2013, 08:39 AM
I guess part of the fun of forums is learning the code (abbreviations, etc.). I'm not sure if it is that I currently have too much time on my hands or just enjoy puzzles, but there are a few abbreviations that I can't figure out... Help appreciated.

F.O.T.
FoJ
I w/AS
K
KP
LSB
mg'11
RS
UT

Thanks. (esp. to Dorayme for the majority of the list)

Badger
08-22-2013, 09:09 AM
I think Doyame will have to help with the more obscure abbreviations, but here are some of them:

FOT: Friend of Tom, a blue ultrasuede Small Organizer Pouch (OP) that was given to forum members about two summers ago
FoJ: limited-edition Fourth of July pouch that was I believe free with $25 order
mg'11: Mystery Gift 2011, another forum gift; this time, a Cork OP
LSB: Do you mean LCB? If so, Large Cafe Bag, and sibling to Medium and Small (MCB and SCB, respectively)
RS: I'm guessing this is Ruck's Sac, a now-defunct small backpack

Tlacltme
08-22-2013, 09:51 AM
If this list is from Dorayme, I'm guessing:

LSB = Little Swift Black (ballistic)
UT= utility tote
I w/AS= Imago with Absolute Strap
KP= Kindle Pouch?
Badger's correct about the rest....but what is the "K"??

Badger
08-22-2013, 09:58 AM
Ah, the elusive Little Swift Black.

"K" really stumped me too. All I could come up with was "Kit" but then I was like, who abbreviates "Kit"? (I mean, it's fine if you do; I'm just saying.)

Skippit
08-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Great job guys. Thanks!

terayon
08-22-2013, 12:56 PM
I think LSB might mean Large Shop Bag. Little Swift is usually LS.

Tlacltme
08-22-2013, 02:05 PM
Ah, terayon, you might be right! I'd have to see the colors listed. If "LSB" is listed in every color you are most definitely correct :)

And, yes, Badger, I think you're right on: K is for Kit! For those of us with, ahem, large TB collections to list (and yes, that most certainly includes me!), every little abbreviated letter helps :)