PDA

View Full Version : Just back from a week-long trip to the Eastern Townships in Quebec

yohopee
10-26-2013, 08:30 PM
Hello all,

We just returned from Quebec from a week-long vacation of the Eastern Townships. My S19 really loved the area and he requested being photographed at the Marais de la Rivière aux Cerises in Magog. It was rainy and damp and perfect for walking. We were pretty wet at the end of a 3-hour walk around the various trails. Everything inside my S19 was dry. :)

yohopee
10-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Here is more information about the marsh:

Bienvenue sur le site du marais - Marais de la Rivière aux Cerises (http://maraisauxcerises.com/)

Darcy
10-27-2013, 10:57 AM
Beautiful! What kinds of birds (and other wildlife) did you see?

yohopee
10-27-2013, 11:22 AM
We saw many squirrels and chipmunks. We did not see larger mammals. As for birds, we saw sparrows, warblers, one that looked like a mix between a woodpecker and a blue jay, and one that looked like a grey pigeon. As we just arrived last night, I need to check out all our photos (several hundred), so I can properly classify them. We have the iBird Canada application but my lovely phone decided to freeze and die in the cold weather and I was unable to search right there and then. :P Lesson learned for future birding ventures. ;) My son took many photos with his camera, but we have not downloaded them to the computer yet. He is catching up with a week-worth of homework for tomorrow. :D

yohopee
10-27-2013, 11:26 AM
This is my son in his best Sir David Attenborough impersonation:

yohopee
10-27-2013, 11:27 AM
Of course have no idea how to change the photo orientation here. Help, please. :)