PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Packing List for a Pregnant Lady

nsh
11-23-2013, 02:35 PM
Arizona Packing List: Christmas
This year we are traveling to Tucson to visit the in-laws for a week. Initially, I worried that my pregnancy garb (I will be 18/19 weeks during the trip) would interfere with my normal packing routine of taking just my Synapse and MCB. However, having fewer outfits that I can actually wear has made it much easier to pack than before because I have fewer options. I invested in 2 really nice maternity dresses that I wear frequently for work/fun/errands. I bought cheaper maternity pants and tops from Kohlís maternity line during a big on-line sale. I am happy it all fits (on me and in the bags)!

Plane outfit:
Maternity Tights
Black Isabella Oliver Dress (http://www.isabellaoliver.com/us/shop/maternity-clothes/maternity-dresses/ruched-t-shirt-maternity-dress-french-navy.htm)
Red belt
Black sweater
Silk scarf
Coat
Black Dansko shoes

Synapse Items:
Pants-
Black maternity pants
Maternity tights
Dress-
Pink Isabella Oliver
Tops-
Pink jersey maternity shirt
Pink sweater maternity top

Small travel sack:
undies
2 warm socks
t-shirt/night gown

Travel sack:
Accessories and Tech:
Silk Scarf (on plane)
Wool scarf
2 belts- (1 worn on plane)
phone/computer/kindle chargers

Shoes:
Black Keds flats

311 case:
Contacts/Travel Solution
Face wipes
Foundation (with SPF)
Blush/Mascara
Travel toothbrush

In MCB:
Wallet
11 inch Macbook Air
Kindle
iPhone
Travel brush
Glasses

whisper
11-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Congratulations! Great that your slightly expanded self and wardrobe work in the S19. You continue to inspire me!

MaggieScratch
12-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Just saw this--congratulations on your impending Interesting Event! And have a great trip--I love Tucson and Arizona in general. Wish I was there now instead of our mid-Atlantic deep freeze.

I have a question--I see you are wearing a dress on the plane. The last couple of times I've flown in a dress or skirt, I got a secondary search and they pretty much said it was because of the skirt. Sometimes I would rather wear a comfortable skirt than pants, especially if I'm going to a professional conference. Do you get singled out for extra security when you fly in a skirt?

nsh
12-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Hi @MaggieScratch! Thank you:)

I don't usually get singled out for extra searches with a skirt or a dress because I have "Global Entry/TSA Pre-Check" clearance. I just whiz through the check points most of the time with my pre-check.

MaggieScratch
12-16-2013, 08:16 AM
Hmm. Pre-Check becomes more attractive all the time. Thanks for the response!