PDA

View Full Version : A Special Plug For Lära Bars

Zephyrnoid
12-09-2006, 07:54 PM
The three American companies that I love most are Apple, Tom Bihn and Lärabar.
This is a plug for my favorite nutrition bar. I just discovered that Costco sells cases of Lärabar - so I just picked up 6 for the Winter stash! I have a very restricted diet and have never found an equal replacement for Lärabars. Everywhere that my Macbook and Tom Bihn luggage travel, so do my Lära Bars!

maverick
12-10-2006, 01:29 AM
i haven't tried a lärabar, but i have to agree with you on tom bihn and apple.

curious what dietary restrictions lead you to the lärabar. i've enjoyed some of the bar offerings from odwalla - have you tried these? i love their stuff because everything they offer is completely vegetarian.

lately, i've been trying to always have fresh food. they say it is best to prepare food and eat it right away rather than eating foods that have been prepared ahead of time. this also means not reheating food cooked earlier in the day or on an earlier day. this was easy while i was in India. but it's a bit challenging with the lifestyle i follow here in the US. there is a lot to do and there are only so many hours in the day. i am happy if i am eating home made food, reheated or not :-) - as opposed to packaged foods.

i used to have the odwalla superprotein bars after a work out. i've also opted for an amy's texas burger (vegan) or some sort of vegan dog. they all provide between 12g and 17g of protein and taste good.

but if i can pull it off, i prefer to have a bowl of lentil soup - a great source of protein.

as i said, it's not always easy with the busy life we lead :).

so what makes the lärabar unique? which flavors from lärabar do you like? and do you know if they are vegetarian? i prefer vegan, but i can do dairy on a limited basis. i don't do eggs.

maverick

Zephyrnoid
12-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Odwalla and I go way back! We helped pilot a prototype e-commerce site for them when they started. I love thier juices & certain of thier bars are just shy of my diet. Basically I have a Sodium and Complex Carbs restricted diet. LäraBar are the ONLY super low sodium bar on the market that I know of! It's not an issue most people even have to think about. for me- it's a daily trial of patience. I can't eat most 'packaged' or even restaurant food. Good thing I'm an ace in the kitchen ;)

moriond
12-10-2006, 01:33 PM
do you know if they are vegetarian? i prefer vegan, but i can do dairy on a limited basis. i don't do eggs.

maverick
From the label:

No added sugar * Unprocessed * Raw * Non-GMO * Gluten Free * Dairy Free * Soy Free * Vegan * Kosher
For more information see: http://www.larabar.com/

I like the lemon.

Just
12-10-2006, 11:54 PM
It sounds awesome! The Apple Pie, Banana Cookie, Cashew Cookie, Pecan Pie, and Cinnamon Roll sound like ones I might try :)

maverick
12-11-2006, 08:54 AM
thanks for the info on the ingredients moriond!

zephyrnoid, having as much as you can fresh from the kitchen is the best thing for you. i'll check out the lärabars. their website looks delicious!

maverick

Darcy
12-11-2006, 10:46 AM
lärabars rock! My favorite is the cherry pie flavor. I didn't even know they had new flavors like Cinnamon Roll and Pecan Pie.

I've always liked shopping at Costco because I've read that they treat their employees well (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/166680_costco29.html). In the past year or two it seems that they've really made an effort to add healthy and organic foods to their selection of products. I love that I can get lärabars, Kashi bars, Odwalla, San Pellegrino, and organic maple syrup, crackers and cereals, produce and raisins at Costco. I hope they'll start carrying natural cleaning products and recycled paper products soon.

maverick
12-12-2006, 12:27 PM
I love that I can get lärabars, Kashi bars, Odwalla, San Pellegrino, and organic maple syrup, crackers and cereals, produce and raisins at Costco.

this is making me hungry!

moriond
12-12-2006, 12:52 PM
It sounds awesome! The Apple Pie, Banana Cookie, Cashew Cookie, Pecan Pie, and Cinnamon Roll sound like ones I might try :)

Just, you can pick these up at Kokua Market (on King St. near University). The rest of you will have to find your own stashes, although Darcy looks all set. :)

Just
12-12-2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks moriond! I can head there today to check them out!

PM4HIRE
12-13-2006, 05:19 PM
Yes Darcy, Costco provides their employees with decent hourly wages, does not abuse them, and offers group health insurance, usual for the discount retail sector. My beef with Costco is that most things are made in China. So I buy what little I do buy from companies like yours, made in America when I can.

Another neat small company that I've bought US made winter gear from is called "Winter Green Designs", but you won't find their $295 parka in a Costco store, click http://www.wintergreendesigns.com/ to learn more. I'm always searching out little gems like yours. Thank God for the internet!

Tom in AZ

Zephyrnoid
12-14-2006, 05:53 AM
You will NOT be disapointed with the flavours as they are totally natural and have that 'freshness' about them! I have my FAVs but frankly they all taste great to me. As a confirmed bananaholic- Banana Cookie is my fav!

Zephyrnoid
12-14-2006, 05:58 AM
"Yes!" to COSTCO. As a food snob, I was hugely surprised and converted when I discovered that COSTCO sources out premium products in bulk.My pallate told me that the first time I tried it. Too bad they don't have the concept in Europe!
It makes me chuckle that you can buy Swiss Chocolate and Swiss Watches and Swiss Hearing Aids in Costco for 1/2 what they cost in Switzerland. LOL !!! I wish I'd known you liked Lärabars sooner...
How many people work at the Tom Bihn factory?

lärabars rock! My favorite is the cherry pie flavor. I didn't even know they had new flavors like Cinnamon Roll and Pecan Pie.

I've always liked shopping at Costco because I've read that they treat their employees well (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/166680_costco29.html). In the past year or two it seems that they've really made an effort to add healthy and organic foods to their selection of products. I love that I can get lärabars, Kashi bars, Odwalla, San Pellegrino, and organic maple syrup, crackers and cereals, produce and raisins at Costco. I hope they'll start carrying natural cleaning products and recycled paper products soon.

Just
12-14-2006, 02:52 PM
I just tried the Apple Pie and it was delish!!! I was almost embarrassed as I almost really did start to hum! haha.. I am looking forward to trying the others that I picked up too. No Banana Cookie though :( Maybe for that I will turn to Costco as I know I won't regret buying Larabars now. :)

Zephyrnoid
12-15-2006, 08:11 AM
I just received a deluge of mail from kind sponsors of my recent projects to admonish me for my shameless favoritism- and they're right.Twas not very 'PC' of me. So here's my amended list of favorite American Companies with no ranking intended. Note, I'm defining American as 'Corporate Base In America' , Designed in USA and Filing Taxes to our IRS.Obviously I highly endorse 'manufactured in USA'

- Apple Computers
- Tom Bihn
- iomega
- Lära Bar
- ProBar
- GU sports
- PowerGel
- Kos Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- MAG Inc
- ALOKSAK
- Motorolla
- Starbucks
- Dr. Bronner's
- Adventure Medical
- Halls
- Trident
- Ranger Knives
- Whole Foods
- Estwing
- Target
- Garmin
- Palm Inc
- NukeAlert
- RadDetect
- LL Bean
- Corcoran & Matterhorn Boots
- Oakley/ESS
- ID-On Me
- OhSo
- Chapstick
- Otter Products
- ACR Electronics
- REI
- Cabelas
- Spiewak
- BlackHawk
- Maxpedition
- Barnes & Noble
- Surefire
- TnC Custom Products
- Camelbak
- 5.11 Tactical
- Dickies
- Bullard
- Sage Rods
- Lamson Reels
Oh gosh! :eek: The list is too long. I love you all!!!!

Zephyrnoid
12-15-2006, 08:12 AM
Remember that you can order direct from Larabar.com.
Hot tip... why not ask them for a selection of the bite-sized samplers!

I just tried the Apple Pie and it was delish!!! I was almost embarrassed as I almost really did start to hum! haha.. I am looking forward to trying the others that I picked up too. No Banana Cookie though :( Maybe for that I will turn to Costco as I know I won't regret buying Larabars now. :)

moriond
12-15-2006, 09:45 AM
Remember that you can order direct from Larabar.com.
Hot tip... why ask them for a selction of the bite-sized samplers!
Bulk-mail shipments to Hawaii are a bit more problematic than for elsewhere. Kokua Market was carrying the Banana Cookie at least as recently as a week and a half ago, so gremlins must have gotten the rest.

Zephyrnoid, it's a bit spooky if your corporate sponsors are following your non-related forum postings here.

Zephyrnoid
12-15-2006, 03:28 PM
The way I see it- Any company that I consider to be great for me- IS a Corporate sponsor directly or not -though albeit unrelated they may be.
Besides -We evaluate tools, technologies, systems and gadgets so they're mostly related.

Bulk-mail shipments to Hawaii are a bit more problematic than for elsewhere. Kokua Market was carrying the Banana Cookie at least as recently as a week and a half ago, so gremlins must have gotten the rest.

Zephyrnoid, it's a bit spooky if your corporate sponsors are following your non-related forum postings here.

Just
12-15-2006, 03:54 PM
You forgot Costco and Dupont and ... and ... and .... =P

moriond
12-18-2006, 01:57 AM
No Banana Cookie though :( Maybe for that I will turn to Costco as I know I won't regret buying Larabars now. :)

If Costco didn't work for the Banana Cookie Lärabars, try the Beretania St. Foodland.

Just
12-19-2006, 01:48 AM
If Costco didn't work for the Banana Cookie Lärabars, try the Beretania St. Foodland.

Sweet! I have yet to check Costco.. but I think I would prefer paying less than $2 per bar if I can help it (I think Kokua was $2 per), so I'll hold on the Foodland Beretania till I check Costco. Can't quite agree with you on the Lemon though :( Each their own!

Darcy
12-19-2006, 09:42 AM
The Costco here sells these three lärabar flavors in a mixed case: Coconut Choclate, Cherry Pie, and Apple Pie. No Banana Cookie or Lemon...:(

Trader Joe's sells lärabars, but I'm not sure if they're the same price there as they are at Costco.

Zephyrnoid
12-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Huh! So my local Costco is different. I'll have my sweet friends at LaraBar rectify that for you... my FAV people at Tom Bihn. Big Box headed your way:)

The Costco here sells these three lärabar flavors in a mixed case: Coconut Choclate, Cherry Pie, and Apple Pie. No Banana Cookie or Lemon...:(

Trader Joe's sells lärabars, but I'm not sure if they're the same price there as they are at Costco.

Zephyrnoid
02-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Sharing the LOVE is the way to go! I just received two test boxes of LäraBar in New Pistachio and KeyLime Pie. I just tried the Pistachio . Let me tell you- I'm in heaven. They can't call these 'nutrition bars' when they really belong in a confectioner's boutique. Absolutely marvelous flavor and texture. Typical of the naturally sweetened taste and a clean finish on the palate. Woo Hoo! I just added another favorite to my list. Tomorrow I try the KLP flavor.

Alicia
02-27-2007, 02:00 PM
I too love LäraBar. :) Great to meet new people who do. I introduced my "health conscious" uncle and my mother to them recently. My CostCo sells them in a box of 18 with 6 each Pecan Pie, Apple Pie, and Cherry Pie. I have to say that I have tried the lemon and I can't stand it. *shudders*

Key Lime Pie is one of my favorite flavors, I hope they are good. ;) I would like to try Banana Cookie, that sounds good.

Zephyrnoid
02-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Nice to meet more LäraBar Lovers indeed! I just had a Key Lime Pie LäraBar and I'm impressed. It's so hard to nail that flavor without imparting an artificial edge or overdoing the tartness- and they did it. Very respectful of the spirit of KLP. The Pistashio however, is just amazing ! I married it to a Purple Vitamin Water for my lunch today- so satisfying! I'd better keep the rest of the box locked up or I'll blow up like a balloon in no time at all LOL!
I'll do Pictures tomorrow.

Zephyrnoid
02-28-2007, 10:22 PM
Here's a recent family portrait. Note the new additions at the top row! I am getting so fat on these new flavors! Shall I have some sent to Darcy & Co?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/zephyrnoid/lara_2sm.jpg

Darcy
03-01-2007, 05:19 PM
Pistachio !!!!!!!! I looked for that flavor at Whole Foods the other day but didn't see it. I'll try again tonight.....

Has anyone tried the Jocalat flavors?

I hope they introduce a hazelnut flavor someday....

Zephyrnoid
03-01-2007, 05:39 PM
It's a pre-release we got- hey! they think we're special- what can I say?:)
I'll pop a few in the mail to you tomorrow cause YOU ARE SPECIAL too!
They sent me a Jocalat care package but I walked it to my neighborhood Starbucks as a Christmas prezzie last December. Never tried them!

Pistachio !!!!!!!! I looked for that flavor at Whole Foods the other day but didn't see it. I'll try again tonight.....

Has anyone tried the Jocalat flavors?

I hope they introduce a hazelnut flavor someday....

Zephyrnoid
03-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Actually- I'm a Mango-holic so somehow I want to see Apricot/Mango or Banana/Mango or a just Plain Mango flavor in there some day. Hazelnut is fabulous too! Maybe a Hazelnut Chocolate Praliné flavor?
Get ready for the Pistachio- you will not want Hazelnut after these!

Darcy
03-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Thanks very much, Zephyrnoid! I promise to share them with Amy, Alex, and everyone else here....we'll do an official taste testing.

Hazelnut Chocolate Praline!!!!!!

Zephyrnoid
03-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Well, results of Lärabar with chocolate haven't been grand to tell you the truth. I'm not sure what it is about adding chocolate /coffee to the base Lärabar mix but it hasn't matched the other flavors in balance and stability. Now that's just coming from 1/2 dozen testers I recruited. Everyone else may well disagree so maybe just Hazelnut Praline would be enough? Certainly whatever they did with the Pistachio was outstanding. A modest care package is headed your way in the AM. I'll post an evaluation form in my project site so we can all be on the same plate !

Hazelnut Chocolate Praline!!!!!!

Zephyrnoid
03-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Hey friends of LäraBar. Next time you try a LäraBar, why not help us rate it like we did in our review page? I'd love to hear your specific critiques of the different flavors. Bon Apetit!
http://www.imagometrics.com/GoBags/LaraBar.htm

Zephyrnoid
03-05-2007, 05:41 PM
Status report. Rumors are confirmed. My wolfing down 1/2 dozen Pistachio LäraBars in three days has added girth to my midrift. Yikes! It's time for me to hit the trail!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/zephyrnoid/Brambles.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/zephyrnoid/tree2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/zephyrnoid/Ndwd_1.jpg

Darcy
03-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Beautiful pictures! Where are those locations?

We received the bars today. Thank you very much! The official taste test will happen tomorrow, but I have to admit that I did already eat a Pistachio. Soooo good! I think I like the Pistachio even better than the Cashew, which was my favorite flavor.

I haven't tried Key Lime Pie yet. Something scares me about actual key lime pies - I see them as the color of early 90's fluorescent clothing and rotating in glass enclosure. What's not scary about that? But I am sure the Lara version is perfectly yummy, and of course, natural. We'll find out tomorrow.

Just
03-05-2007, 09:01 PM
BEAUTIFUL!!!

mrae
03-06-2007, 10:21 PM
I've checked Costco here a few times for Larabars with no success. Trader Joe's is pretty limited. I guess I'll order from Larabar. Pistachio- mmm. Can't wait to try it.

PM4HIRE
03-07-2007, 09:31 AM
I bought 4 chocolate coconut Larabars for $5 yesterday, what a sweet deal.

I love Trader Joe's!!! BTW, checkout Trader Joe's Trail Mix Bars that come
in a box of 6 for $1.99, another sweet deal.

Darcy
03-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Everyone in the office loved both Pistachio and Key Lime Pie. Those are two clear winning flavors!

Zephyrnoid
03-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Yay! I'm glad you liked them and my midrift thanks you too! Pictures are my daily walk around Lake Needwood, Gathersburg, MD. My latest hang station. Lovely place considering how close it is to the White House. LOL!
Thanks for the compliments. more pictures later.

Zephyrnoid
03-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Today's hike picture...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/zephyrnoid/LN_4.jpg

JoyR
03-18-2007, 07:29 PM
I bought my first Larabar yesterday [Apple Pie] at Trader Joe's and ate it for breakfast today. Very good. I'll be buying many more.

Just
01-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Reviving this thread to ask: At $2/bar, they are a bit pricey.. has anyone tried making their own? http://bunnyfoot.blogspot.com/2006/02/homemade-lara-type-bars.html

moriond: I just replenished my stock at the Vim & Vigor at Ala Moana! I think they had all the flavors! Haven't checked the Costco yet! Eep! Will have to stow away in a friend's car the next time they go!

Darcy
01-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Reviving this thread to ask: At $2/bar, they are a bit pricey.. has anyone tried making their own? http://bunnyfoot.blogspot.com/2006/02/homemade-lara-type-bars.html

I haven't, but I think I will! Thanks for posting that link. That is, if I can find some reasonably priced dates. (no, no, I mean the fruit.) I have all of the other ingredients leftover from holiday baking: coconut, various nuts, dried cherries, etc. I got a little bake-crazy over the holidays and should really switch to making stuff like Lara bars instead of buttermilk cookies and german chocolate cake.

moriond
01-08-2008, 11:30 AM

moriond: I just replenished my stock at the Vim & Vigor at Ala Moana! I think they had all the flavors! Haven't checked the Costco yet! Eep! Will have to stow away in a friend's car the next time they go!

Hi Just,

I was over on the Big Island on Sunday, and bought Lärabars at $1.69/bar (sale price, regularly closer to $2/bar) at Island Naturals Market in Hilo (in Waiakea Center next to the Borders; 1 mile from the turnoff for Hilo airport). I've never been to Costco. Aren't there supposed to be two Whole Foods Markets opening in Honolulu sometime early this year?

Did Vim & Vigor have Hazelnut Praline? I haven't tried that flavor yet (but have had Pistachio and Key Lime pie -- both available at Island Naturals Market).

Cheers,

moriond

pretzelb
01-08-2008, 06:36 PM
After seeing the images on this site I did buy a few Lara bars and I have to ask ... what is the appeal? I may have got a bad flavor (maybe Key Lime) but other than that nothing jumped out at me. Are they supposed to be more all natural than other bars in the market?

Just
01-08-2008, 11:20 PM
I hadn't rated the flavors (as suggested here by Zephyrnoid) when I tried them before, so I'd forgotten if there were any I liked more than others (or not), so I just went ahead and bought everything they had at Vim & Vigor that day. I got the Pistachio, Cinnamon Roll, Cashew Cookie, Lemon, Key Lime Pie, Ginger Snap, Cherry Pie, and Banana Cookie.

Now that I look here, I guess there were a few that weren't there: Apple Pie, Pecan Pie, Chocolate Coconut Chew, Cocoa Mole, and I guess Hazelnut Praline (not sure it actually exists!)? I haven't tried the JŎCALAT flavors yet either, but I think they had some there.

Amazon.com has a special deal going on this month for LÄRABAR (and I think even without the deal, it's cheaper from them vs. anywhere else): http://www.amazon.com/Larabar-Fruit-Food-Apple-1-6-Ounce/dp/B000ENUC3S

pretzelb: Check the comments earlier in this thread, and try the Pistachio flavor ;) These bars are made from nothing other than the actual ingredients - no added sugar, high fructose corn syrup, or whatever! That's why it's easy to make it yourself - and so much better for you than, say, Nature Valley Granola Bars or something.

Darcy
01-09-2008, 11:35 AM
After seeing the images on this site I did buy a few Lara bars and I have to ask ... what is the appeal? I may have got a bad flavor (maybe Key Lime) but other than that nothing jumped out at me.

I've never tried Key Lime but it wouldn't be my first flavor choice. Try Pistachio or Cashew Cookie.

moriond -- I hope you're not just teasing us about Hazelnut Praline!!

eastercat
05-13-2009, 11:45 PM
I just discovered the amazing tastiness that is Lara bars. When I was shopping at the discount grocery store in Cleburne, TX, I found Lara bars for $0.69/bar. Since I was needing food bars for my upcoming trip to Europe, I bought all their stock: Chocolate Coffee, Apple Pie and Cocoa Mole.
Wow . . . tasty and vegan. An amazing combination.

Esther

timothy
05-14-2009, 09:50 AM
I have not tried (and am not really interested in) certain of their flavors, like Key Lime Pie, but the Cherry Pie is the greatest food bar I've ever had, and the Apple is not too far behind. The Cherry Pie one, though ... well, I just wish that more cherry pies actually tasted that good.

timothy

Darcy
05-14-2009, 10:13 AM
I overdid it with the Lara bars, and am now taking a vacation from them. I'm currently getting Clif bars at Costco - they're also really good, though I miss the peanut butter varieties (still MIA after the peanut butter scare.)

maverick
05-14-2009, 10:25 AM
take a look at greens+ (http://greensplus.com/) bars. they offer energy bars and high protein bars. our local whole foods (http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/) carries them. i just had one of their omega 3 chia (http://greensplus.com/index.php/cPath/84_21_86?osCsid=cd52f3ddd28d1b609ff10b943820dfc7) bars with my lunch and it was very yummy!

moriond
05-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Hi,

So I was coming to the forums to decide where to post a link to this blog post (http://chocolateandzucchini.com/archives/2009/05/homemade_larabars.php#more) about someone who discovered Lärabars, and experimented with making her own, when I found this thread was revived. It's gotta be fate!;) The author did add a postscript and link to where she finally found Lärabars on sale in Paris -- one of the motivations for experimenting with her own recipe.

I didn't realize that General Foods had bought this company last summer. Also, they seem to have a new product line (http://www.larabar.com/food/jamfrakas/25-chocolate-chip-cosmocrisp).

maverick, our local whole foods (opened last September) also carries these -- but they cost $1.69 each here.

moriond

Jenne
05-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Aw, man, I didn't know General Foods bought Larabars! I live off these things when I go on trips. It's annoying that the new kids' treats aren't vegan-- I hope that doesn't mean they're going to start adding animal products to the original Larabars.

My favorite flavor is Peanut Butter Cookie-- delicious! Not crazy about the fruit flavors, which are much easier to find than the nut flavors around here.

backpack
05-15-2009, 07:58 AM
Do Larabars have any granola in?

Do any of you make your own trail mix as an alternative to bars?

How do you mitigate the thirst factor in those days of "no liquid allowed", huge lines at security, long trips to the gate and draconian boarding rules?

maverick
05-15-2009, 08:06 AM
Do Larabars have any granola in?

Do any of you make your own trail mix as an alternative to bars?

How do you mitigate the thirst factor in those days of "no liquid allowed", huge lines at security, long trips to the gate and draconian boarding rules?

i don't believe i have come across a larabar with granola.

i haven't made a trail mix, but i'd love a couple of good recipes.

the security requirements are unfortunate, but i guess you can enjoy your water until you go through security, then pick up a bottle of water when you feel thirsty again after you pass through security.

bluedawg
05-15-2009, 11:39 AM
i've actually never had a larabar! i eat luna bars all the time, though, and i love them.

as for the water while traveling thing... i usually pack an empty sigg bottle, then fill it up once i'm through security. :)

Jenne
05-15-2009, 10:09 PM
I do the same thing for water-- carry my empty one-liter bottle through and fill it on the other side.

keb
05-28-2009, 09:11 AM
The Cherry Pie one, though ... well, I just wish that more cherry pies actually tasted that good.

timothy

Thats just crazy talk...;) But I did eat two of those on Sunday and they are pretty darn good...

timothy
05-28-2009, 02:50 PM
I stand by my claim :)

Most cherry pies -- commercial ones, that is -- are a) too sweet and b) too gelatinous.

I prefer mine to be quite runny, actually --- at least, that's the way I'd rather it stray, rather than too dry, or too goopy. Pie (actual pie, not delicious fruit bars) should be eaten, at least optionally, with a spoon. In fact, I think a great way to eat a slice of pie is as the topping on a nice bowl of coffee ice cream.

timothy

scotlib
05-28-2009, 03:35 PM
I love the cherry pie Lara bar, too. I agree with Timothy; it is exactly the way I want a cherry pie to taste.

My hubby did not like it, but then he likes most everything sweeter than I do. (I enjoy eating red grapefruits like you would an orange.)

So far, cherry pie is my absolute favorite. Coconut Cream Pie wasn't too bad, I think. I may try it one more time to remind myself. Apple Pie and Ginger Snap were, eh, okay, but I will try a new flavor before I buy them again (just personal taste buds). Too much spice, for me, I think.

katiya
06-17-2009, 01:10 PM
I love Luna Bars especially vanilla macademia or the berry. I'm not much for sweets but those hit the spot in the morning when I don't care for a full breakfast. Usually I don't want to feel like I'm eating a pie or an overly sweet cinnamon roll or coffee as well.

Most bars are really odd tasting for me being a vegan so I always try the flavour a few times before making an investment. Once I find a winner I stick with it!