PDA

View Full Version : Mini Organizer Pouch

mrae
03-15-2007, 10:55 PM
A gift came in the mail today. Thanks so much. It perfectly matches my Imago.
Another reason why I love Tom Bihn bags is this kind of extra customer service.

Tolovana
03-16-2007, 12:05 AM
I received this item today, and it was an instant hit with me. Perfect for the extra credit cards that make my wallet bulge! I might even be able to use it for a mini-wallet, and leave the big one at home! My t-mobile dash fits in it too - even if it's a bit of a tight fit. If I had two of them, I'd use the second one for holding the head-set for my dash. :)

Tolovana (still waiting for the new Eclipse!)

Mel
03-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Also wanted to say, "Thanks!" for the little surprise I got in the mail. I can't wait to try it out!

Mel

Darcy
03-16-2007, 01:44 PM
You are very welcome!! Do let us know how you use it/what you think of it.

We also have different kinds of pouches coming out in the next month or so, including padded Organizer Pouches.

Other forum members should be receiving Mini Organizer Pouches in the next few days, depending on where they live. If you think you should have received a Mini Pouch but didn't, let me know.

amer
03-16-2007, 04:51 PM
I also received my mini organizer pouch. I really like the look/feel of it. I will be taking w/me to Turkey in a few weeks to test it out. Great little organizer.

Amer

meldroc
03-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Just received mine in the mail. Clips nicely into my Brain Bag. It could stand to be a hair bigger - I have a wallet that tends to turn into a George Constanza wallet (crammed full of junk like receipts) and it doesn't quite fit inside the organizer pouch.

Though I may end up using it for those receipts to deal with the Constanza wallet problem... ;)

renegadeot
03-16-2007, 10:31 PM
We also have different kinds of pouches coming out in the next month or so, including padded Organizer Pouches.

The padded pouch sounds really cool, especially since we had discussed them in here a while ago. Are they like the end pocket of the Imago?

grumpy3b
03-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Darcy,

What a sweet surprise that came in yesterday's mail!! I love the thing...I had just been looking around for something to carry odds and ends in like a few bucks in cash and a credit card and/or my pill case.

I have it attached right now to my HBC and am just heading off to Starbucks (otherwise known around here as "the office"). The pouch is holding my Starbucks card, id card, a credit card (you know just in case the need to go shopping should arise) and my leelte pill holder for the day.

It really is nice to not need to carry anything in my pockets beyond a house key. This is really an ideal size for what I was thinking...thanks a BUNCH!!

transam
03-18-2007, 11:06 AM
I received your gift in the mail yesterday and it was quite a surprise. My wife and I are taking an extended bicycle tour (6000 miles over 3-4 months) and this little bag will be perfect to keep cell phone, credit cards and insurance cards in. It'll make keeping tract of those important items very easy. It's like you read our mind and provided the perfect solution for our need. THANK YOU!

twotrick
03-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Thanks, I started using the pouch as a stash bag right away. Great for those few things that you don't want floating around your bag. (chapstick, eyedrops, etc). It's also nice that it seems water resistant. It rains a lot in Portalnd! I hope you make them in several sizes. How about a Brain Cell for my iPod. Make it big enough so that when it's in a skin case it will still fit. So when I want to toss it in my bag it will protect the click wheel and screen (what skins don't protect), like the Brain Cell with stiff sides and super soft inside.

StanleyNg
03-18-2007, 01:10 PM
I received my organizer pouch yesterday. What a nice surprise. Thank you very much.

apyang
03-18-2007, 07:02 PM
I received mine. I think it will be perfect for loose change. Thank you very much!

JoyR
03-18-2007, 08:06 PM
I especially love the way they clip into other bags. When I travel I keep my passport and other important papers in it, keeping them safe and accessible.

mrae
03-18-2007, 08:43 PM
I've been using it now since I got it. It holds all my cards and cash which makes it easy to switch those essentials from one bag to another. I didn't want to carry a bag for St. Patrick's so I used the pouch with my essential cards and cell phone. It's great.

ChattyPuma
03-19-2007, 08:04 AM
I walked into the office this morning to a package on the desk. At first I thought it was shipped in error but was pleasantly surprised to find the gift; I can think of much worse ways to start a Monday!

Thank you.

I want to give you my first impressions while they are still fresh in my mind then I will share more once I use it for a bit. I used pants pockets as the limiting factor, figuring bag pockets and such would accommodate after that.

1st Impressions:

A little long. I would shorten it to 1/2" longer than a credit card so it will fit into pockets better.
Lower profile zipper. I like the stoutness but I think a smaller mechanism would serve better for sitting in back pockets or being less lumpy in a front one.
I like the curved edges and think it was a good move for durability and ease of sliding into other pockets.
I like the 3D rotation on the clip but there are a couple things I would change. It should be removable. Their should be a leash incorporated into it so that you can clip it from the front or back pockets to a belt loop which would also keep the clip out of pocket if wanted. The ring which connects it to the pouch would be better off circular, so it will rotate in the fabric loop instead of pulling on the pouch when clipped.
If this is intended to be an every-day-use item maybe a double-stitched piping would be more durable? Not sure how much more cost that would add to the final build.
Love the material and flexibility to form to its surroundings.
I'm not a tag kinda guy but I like this one and the placement.
The simplicity is a big plus. Maybe one full-length divider inside for cash (I know - what's that)?

That's all for now. These are, of course, my opinion and we all know what opinions are like...

Again, thanks for the gift!!

-Puma

TdeF
03-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Wow. I just joined the list and already I have a surprise! Thanks.
OK, here are my initial thoughts.
1. I can see the case for making it smaller (credit cards and pocket) or larger (wallet), but overall it is a good size. It will be great for my id in my bike bag.
2. I cannot see a divider in a bag this small.
3. It looks as though the clip can be removed from the ball. I second the idea of a circular ring.
4. A smaller zipper would be nice, but the larger zipper is easier.
5. Smaller piping would be nice, but maybe too much trouble (expense).

lefty
03-19-2007, 03:37 PM
I got the Mini Organizer Pouch prototype. But I am not quite sure what I would use it for. Its description says that it can be used as a small wallet. But my wallet keeps dollar bills, change, and plastic cards all in separate compartments which makes it easier to find what I need quickly.

The Mini Organizer Pouch is one compartment for everything. Plus, it has a big hook. So, I guess it is meant for hanging it in another bag. But I am not sure what I can put in it to hang along with another bag.

Cell phone -- No, because I will need to unzip when the phone rings. Too slow.
Camera -- No, because it is not padded enough.
My Macbook powerbrick when using the brain cell by itself -- No, because the pouch is too small to hold that.

So, I am still looking for a good use for it. But, thanks anyway for sending the bag. I appreciate your effort to get feedback from customers.

Darcy
03-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Are they like the end pocket of the Imago?

Not quite like the pocket on the Imago. They're kind of like a really tiny version of a Soft Cell (http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/TBP/TB0374), except that they have a zipper closure and look like the Organizer PPouches. I used one over the weekend (Small size) to carry my iPod, and I really liked it.

Also coming soon: Pouches with one side made out of a clear vinyl material.

Though I may end up using it for those receipts to deal with the Constanza wallet problem...

I totally do the same thing. Receipts build up in my wallet until it's unbearable and they start flying out when I try to remove cash to pay for something. I didn't think about using a Mini Pouch to store them...I think I'll do that!!!

JoyR
03-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Darcy, who are the special chosen ones who are receiving this pouch? :>

Darcy
03-19-2007, 05:26 PM
There aren't any plans yet to send out the Padded Organizer Pouches or Clear-Sided Organizer Pouches to anyone...but we might in the future! I will let you know when they're on the site.

Alicia
03-19-2007, 06:23 PM
I just got home from my first trip with my new Ego bag. It was great, but for a different thread. We came home to the piles of mail and I saw a package I wasn't expecting. Sweet! A little prototype from Tom Bihn! At first I couldn't figure out what I would do with something so small. I have a small and a medium pouch already and while the small one is a bit small for everything I am trying to put in it, I find the medium one a bit big (it only has my DS and some games in it. If I had a Lite I could probably reverse the pouches I use, but I have an older model DS.) Anyway, also in the mail was my new iPod headphones. Perfect! I can stow my new ones and my second pair in there. It turned out to be great. I have already clipped it to my Ego for my trip to work tomorrow.

Thanks, guys!

Just
03-20-2007, 01:22 AM
I just got this in the mail! (Thank you!!!) It's a little bigger than half the size of the small organizer pouch, and I'm not quite sure what I'll be using it for yet. But like with the other organizer pouches, I'm sure I'll find some sort of really appropriate use for it =D

It's the perfect size to hold my thumb drive, except that I'm using a small organizer pouch for that purpose right now, and I love the way the periwinkle contrasts with the crimson of my Ego, so that I am sure to notice if it is outside of the bag (that means I haven't put my thumb drive away yet).

Hmm... maybe my student ID? Copy card? Surefire flashlight? Technically I think my camera could fit in there, but I am not that confident in the non-scratchiness of the interior (versus, for example, the soft backside of the cork in the Cork organizer pouch).

I'll figure it out and let you guys know! =D

Falfa
03-20-2007, 08:19 AM
I turned mine over to my wife. She packs a regular bag to go to the gym and she immediately saw the Mini Organizer Pouch as a proper home for her gym ID card + Nano + headphones and it's a prefect fit.

It also fits her Sanyo Katana (RAZR-clone) like a glove. My Treo doesn't come close to fitting, even outside its case. I will be back with more commentary if my wife has anything good to say about the pouch.

Russell
03-20-2007, 11:34 AM
I just got the Mini Organizer Pouch.

Thanks!

I saw the envelope in my mailbox and then saw it was from Tom Bihn and said to myself, "Sweet! A new bag."

I like the card in there stating it is a prototype. Gave me that warm beta-tester feel.

I have the cork organizer pouch that you sent out in Christmas (?) in my Buzz bag and that works great to hold my Jimi, some $1s for bus fare and a USB Stick.

I got a business trip next week and I'll be using my Empire Builder for that. I'll see where the mini Organizer Pouch fits in and see how it does.

l3gray
03-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Ooo, I just got mine today. I saw it on my doorstop, blinked, and immediatly thought "No way!" *laugh*

It's... really f-ing cute. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but so far my brain immediately hops to 'wallet', except that it doesn't seem to have the girth for my card flip (which is probably a good thing in disguise).

You sent me mocha.

I *love* mocha. :D

I like the smallness of it, while I very much enjoy the larger organizer pouches, they're often so large that they wind up being load-heavy and impossible to put outside of a bag. This one is small enough that it can hold essentials...

What I almost immediately thought of, was airport security. Picture id, a little cash for the vending machine, e-ticket. It's also a nice size for my iPod (but far too small for my pda). It's a nice size for essentials and second thoughts.

Thank you for the gift. I thought I was so lucky to get the last organizer pouch, and it was a one time thing. This little mail-out impressed the h*ll out of me.

aakepley
03-21-2007, 10:50 AM
I too was excited to receive the mini-organizer pouch in the mail. However, I can't quite figure out what to do with it. My current purse already has a small zippered pocket where I put my chap-stick, mints, and garage key, so the mini-organizer pouch is a bit redundant. I did try my cell phone (generic mid-range Motorola) and it was a tight fit.

JoshS
03-21-2007, 12:29 PM
Can anyone who got one one take a quick picture to share with the rest of us? I'm curious to see what this is, as I was going to get a small or medium organizer pouch.

maverick
03-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Thanks Darcy - I just received my pouch in mocha - very cool!

My immediate thought is to use this for my iPod and headphones, but I'm sure I'll find other ways to use it also. I'll post feedback as I use it.

Thanks again!

maverick

Darcy
03-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Can anyone who got one one take a quick picture to share with the rest of us? I'm curious to see what this is, as I was going to get a small or medium organizer pouch.

Here you go!

JoshS
03-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks Darcy! Really nice of you to post the pic.

It looks cool. Do you guys plan to start selling these anytime soon?

Now that I started visiting your site again, everytime you come out with new stuff I have to hide my wallet. :D

Darcy
03-21-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks Darcy! Really nice of you to post the pic.

It looks cool. Do you guys plan to start selling these anytime soon?

Now that I started visiting your site again, everytime you come out with new stuff I have to hide my wallet. :D

Yes! You can buy the Mini Organizer Pouch (http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/TBP/TB0317) now.

You'll notice that we have raised the prices of the Organizer Pouches. Part of the reason for the price increase is that the pouches have become popular enough that we've run out of scrap material to make them with and now cut them out of regular material.

rfraser
03-21-2007, 08:32 PM
Many thanks :) for the gift of the mini-organizer. I immediately put it to use in my Empire Builder. I dislike change in my pocket, but don't want it jingling around the bottom of the bag either. This handles that problem.
In addition, this is wonderful for going through airport security. I always travel with change, but put it in my briefcase (now Empire Builder) with keys and other metal objects before I go through the metal detector. Three years ago, after doing this, I was told they needed to run my bag through again. When I checked later, all my change had disappeared. Now I can just lift out this little bag if they ask to recheck.

dakegra
03-22-2007, 04:29 AM
no pouch here - was it a random sampling of forumites who received one?

:-/

suamme1
03-22-2007, 11:25 AM
I've gotten a pouch as well...

It fits my RAZR, but it is a little rough going in and out of the pouch. The main thing that would improve it is if the zipper had a little more 'breathing room' at it's open end. Right now, the zipper is stopped by the fabric that makes the border and it's a little stiff to open wide. If the zipper were able to open a slight bit more relative to the overall size of the pouch, it'd be a lot easier to get things in or out of it.

Darcy
03-22-2007, 12:27 PM
no pouch here - was it a random sampling of forumites who received one?

:-/

PM me your address and I'll make sure you get one. You definitely should have received one, dakegra! And let me know if you have a color preference. :)

topperge
03-22-2007, 01:57 PM
I got home last week from being out at clients for a couple weeks and my wife showed me this new "bag" I got from Tom Bihn. As soon as she pulled it out I realized there was already stuff in it!!! She stole by pouch!!! She decided it was the perfect size to put the dog treats in when she takes our dog on a walk and can clip it to her belt. Oh well, it looks like I'll be putting in another Tom Bihn order soon.

Pneumadust
03-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Received a really cool pouch today ... thanks!

And, oh by the way, when are you guys going to create a Diaper Bag (a BabyBag ???).

Anyway, we're a Tom Bihn family and have a need ....

Thanks!

KT

ratdeau
03-23-2007, 04:48 AM
Thank's for the pouch, it's the perfect complement to my jimi. It hold all the official papers I need some extra credit cards.

suden
03-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Let me chime in with a big thank you as well! What a great surprise-does give you that warm fuzzy feeling to get an unexpected gift :)

Started out carrying my lip balm and clippers in it, but then just realized that it's the perfect home for my iPod Shuffle + earbuds-yay! Of course, I have it attached to my Ego, which I'm really loving, by-the-way!

backpack
03-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Thanks Darcy!

I received mine today, perfect shape for many things but...it's cocoa, one of my least fav color, anybody willing to trade for a Periwinkle, Plum, Black, Steel or Sapphire?

backpack
03-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Thanks Darcy!

I received mine today, perfect shape for many things but...it's cocoa, one of my least fav color, anybody willing to trade for a Periwinkle, Plum, Black, Steel or Sapphire?

I changed my mind, I will give the small pouch to my cousin who admired my Brain Bag. I said: "it's a Tom Bihn!"
Yeah! I am an enabler and I can feel good about it because of the wonderful quality of the products.

nuttello
03-28-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm pretty pleased with the pouch. Would go well to hold some loose change and cards I pick up along the way.

Some thoughts though, the zipper does feel a little big for the pouch of this size, and the hook kinda feels a little flimsy and bigger than expected. Maybe one with a rotating ring would be better instead of a ball joint?

But overall seems good enough for its purpose, and its price... :)

hypercube
03-28-2007, 01:23 PM
wow thanks so much for the mini pouch. it is really cool. it fits my gf phone very well (sony ericsson t637) but not my phone so well (nokia 6620) they are a great add on for the bags but i think if there was a belt loop on the back that would make them at least twice as useful. thanks again and i'm always happy to test new tb goodies :)

timarelay
03-28-2007, 03:33 PM
Haven't gotten one, but it looks great :) I'm a huge fan of the organizer pouches. They've served quite a variety of uses for me (video games, ipod, computer charger, wallet, cables, etc).

I wonder what this one would be best for. Does it fit a full ipod or just a nano? The small has always felt a tiny bit too much for just my ipod and earphones.

I'm most excited for the padded/lined pouch, though. I'm still sad that the side pockets of the imago didn't fit my ds lite (or any of my portable gaming devices).

Darcy
03-28-2007, 03:47 PM
Haven't gotten one, but it looks great :) I'm most excited for the padded/lined pouch, though.

You definitely should have received a Mini Pouch, timarelay!

We'll send you one of the Padded Organizer Pouches to test to make up for it. Maybe you can let everyone else know what you think of them. We only have three samples of the Padded Organizer Pouch - one in Mini, one in Small, and one in Medium. I did use the Small (works great for my iPod) for a few days. We could send it to you as long as you didn't mind that I used it!

PM me with your current address and which size you'd like to try.

mruseless
03-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Received my Mini by mail a few weeks ago, but just now got around to posting. Thanks very much! This type of service is why I love to give my business to smaller companies with awesome products.

I've found the mini pouch is great for outdoor activities. I like to ski, and I can put a credit card, some cash, coins, keys, and lip balm into one of these and then clip it to the in-pocket ring of my ski jacket. Much better than having all that stuff loose in a pocket.

I also plan to try it as a soft front-pocket wallet for going out to bars and restaurants. Sometimes I don't like carrying a traditional wallet, especially when wearing shorts.

Thanks!

renegadeot
03-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Has anyone tried to put a Nokia E50 in one yet?

Rose
03-31-2007, 01:18 PM
Thank you for the mini pouch. My "extra" credit cards fit perfectly and are now in one place. I'm waiting patiently to order the Zephyr since the Empire bag was too large for me.

I appreciate the quality of your product. It's the best.:)

dakegra
04-02-2007, 01:44 PM
received mine in the mail this morning. It's a fabulous shade of green and just the right size to put the odd bits and pieces that usually end up in the bottom of my medium cafe bag. Very cool. Could do with a few more for inside my laptop bag and for my wife's purse!

thanks guys, you rock.

MikeL
04-03-2007, 10:30 AM
I received my "Mini Organizer Pouch" on Saturday 3/31/07. I'm an IT professional, and it's already pressed into duty as a holder for my USB Flash Drives. I have 4 of them, that perform different functions for me. Two are simply storage transfer devices. Another acts as a deposit for different drivers, and patches. The last one is my all important boot drive. I can boot any machine with that USB drive, and run diagnostics or simply try to get data off a failing hard drive. This size is perfect for them! They use to occupy a space in the bottom of the front flap of my Targus backpack.

Now if only my Super Ego would get here already :). Since I live out of my laptop bag - my work environment would be complete

renegadeot
04-11-2007, 11:04 PM
Anyone used the mini pouch to hold a hipster pda (stack of index cards and a pen)?

JoyR
04-19-2007, 12:21 PM
My limited edition minis arrived today! Very purple and silver. Very little and useful.

backpack
04-24-2007, 07:20 AM
I have 7 mini pouches in various colors and I love them, perfect for little stuff.

They can become loose change sorters. Mini makeup kit. Keys for bike, laptop and lockers' locks.

Subway, trains or bus cards/passes or token.

JoelSmith
07-02-2007, 10:13 AM
The Mini Pouch fits my iPhone perfectly.

moriond
07-05-2007, 06:23 PM
The Mini Pouch fits my iPhone perfectly.
Was that your iPhone that showed up in today's Blog (http://www.tombihn.com/blog/node/338)? Great pictures, and very striking with what looked to be the periwinkle (ripstop) mini pouch.

I really liked the limited edition colors (http://www.tombihn.com/blog/node/279) in the mini pouches. Darcy, any word on bringing back periwinkle as one of the future color options (as backpack (http://forums.tombihn.com/showthread.php?p=4483&highlight=#post4483) and Adi (http://forums.tombihn.com/showthread.php?p=4226&highlight=#post4226) recently suggested)?

moriond
07-05-2007, 07:57 PM
Incidentally, I notice that my recent mini pouches have a label that sort of matches your forum banner. (Image attached because I find the fonts on your banner a bit small to read). How long have you been using the new label? (This looks like "Made in USA" or "United States manufacturer")

JoelSmith
07-05-2007, 08:50 PM
That was my iPhone. I'm glad you liked the photos. The mini is a great fit, and looks great with the iPhone, like it was made for it.

Darcy
07-07-2007, 12:53 PM
I really liked the limited edition colors (http://www.tombihn.com/blog/node/279) in the mini pouches. Darcy, any word on bringing back periwinkle as one of the future color options (as backpack (http://forums.tombihn.com/showthread.php?p=4483&highlight=#post4483) and Adi (http://forums.tombihn.com/showthread.php?p=4226&highlight=#post4226) recently suggested)?

Not much hope of bringing Perwinkle fabric back anytime soon, but we'll keep our eye out for it.

We do have a few Purple Antron Mini Organizer Pouches available, and a few Clear Organizer Pouches in Plum Ripstop...

Tom Bihn
07-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Incidentally, I notice that my recent mini pouches have a label that sort of matches your forum banner. (Image attached because I find the fonts on your banner a bit small to read). How long have you been using the new label? (This looks like "Made in USA" or "United States manufacturer")
We've been using that new label for about a year now. Indeed, it says "Made in U.S.A." in both English and Chinese: I get so tired of seeing "Made in China" written everywhere in English, so I figured a new label was my opportunity for a little revenge.