Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,276   Posts: 197,763   Members: 7,230   Active Members: 173
Welcome to our newest member, FrodoBaggin.

The Amazing Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darcy
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here)
    • May 2003

The Amazing Race

Any other Amazing Race addicts among the Lara Bar and Tom Bihn bags fans? I just started watching last season (Season 10, I think). I have to wait until 8:20pm to start watching because I have be able to fast-forward through the commercials - otherwise, the suspense is too much!!

Favorite teams: Dustin and Kandice (they have great attitudes and they never whine about doing hard stuff) and Oswald and Danny (such nice guys and so funny!).

I love the rats in tonight's episode. I want one! I hope their lives are OK and they get to be out of those cages when they're not sniffing for mines. Oswald and Danny were too funny - the rat and the make-up comment, the raccoon comment, chasing Phil around. Glad to see Dustin and Kandice deciding not to follow everyone else and coming in fourth (third?) because of it, but they need to kick it into a higher gear now.
    Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.
  • miri
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2004

Funny you should ask...I run an Amazing Race fan site. If it's not too self-pimpy, I'll post a link.

Danny and Oswald are the best. I adored them the first time they were on and they are making the show for me this time.

Comment

• Darcy
      • May 2003

Please do post a link to your site!

Danny and Oswald are classy and charming racers even when they're crabby with each other or arguing.

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

• miri
        Forum Member
        • Feb 2004

And they are just as wonderful in person. You should join us in NY for the season finale party!

Here's my site: http://www.tarflies.com/index.php

Comment

• Darcy
          • May 2003

I'm reading the Episode 4 Rant. And you interviewed Erwin and Godwin! Another pair of really nice guys and racers, with a great sense of humor that I didn't notice when they were on the show. I linked to you on my About Us page.

I would so be there if New York wasn't so far away.

I've tried watching past seasons on the Game channel (I think that's the channel they are on) but find it hard to get involved the show when it isn't current.

Is there a particular previous season that you'd recommend I Netflix with that in mind?

Comment

• miri
            Forum Member
            • Feb 2004

Hey - I'm going to NY from Texas...for the 9th time! (Yeah, I'm crazy.) One guy is coming in from Australia and we've had someone come from Singapore before...so, no excuses!

I'm glad you enjoyed the Cho interview - I didn't. Heh. They drove me up the wall. I'm sure they are nice guys and if I was just talking with them, I would have been fine. They were difficult to interview, though.

Only two seasons are available on DVD: the 1st and 7th. The first is a wonderful season. It gets off to a choppy start as they hadn't quite figured out how to edit everything together yet, but the personalities on that season are so much fun. Team Guido (from the current All-Stars) are there. As are Kevin and Drew - who were also on the current season, but didn't have much fun this time.

7 is okay, but it was Rob and Amber's season. Now, I don't hate Rob and Amber as much as a lot of people do, but it stank that production made the show all about them: how much the other racers hated them and so on. Also, the route isn't quite as interesting as the one for first season.

Comment

• Babalu
              • May 2007

Hi, Darcy! I'm another TARfly, and I just wanted to express my DEEP gratitude for your astonishing generosity. I was lucky enough to be the winner of the big bag (see http://www.flickr.com/photos/chanuck/490865843/, and I LOVE it!!! I took it to TARCon that night and had quite a few racers sign it. I'm planning on taking it to the Big Island (Hawai'i) next week.

(And I have to agree with miri that the Cho interview was beyond annoying. Of course, this may be somewhat colored by the fact that I did the rough transcription so had to listen to it multiple times. I'm also one of the people who liked them a lot at the beginning of the season but was completely disillusioned by the end.)
              Last edited by Babalu; 05-25-2007, 01:02 PM. Reason: correct url

Comment

• Darcy
                • May 2003

Originally posted by Babalu View Post
                Hi, Darcy! I'm another TARfly, and I just wanted to express my DEEP gratitude for your astonishing generosity. I was lucky enough to be the winner of the big bag (see http://www.flickr.com/photos/chanuck/490865843/, and I LOVE it!!! I took it to TARCon that night and had quite a few racers sign it. I'm planning on taking it to the Big Island (Hawai'i) next week.
                You're very welcome!! That's so cool you had racers sign it - who signed it?? Anyone I would recognize from Seasons 3, 4, or 10 or 11? (Those are the only seasons I've seen so far). Have an awesome trip to Hawaii.

Originally posted by Babalu View Post
                (And I have to agree with miri that the Cho interview was beyond annoying. Of course, this may be somewhat colored by the fact that I did the rough transcription so had to listen to it multiple times. I'm also one of the people who liked them a lot at the beginning of the season but was completely disillusioned by the end.)
                Oh no! I can only imagine listening to it repeatedly. hehe.

I'm in the middle of watching Season 4 on the Game Show Network right now (man, the commercials on that channel....) and was very sad to see Steve eliminated! I liked his team a lot. Unfortunately I already found out who wins, so it makes it a little bit less fun. I'm excited about Season 5, because I don't know who won that one...

Amazing Race fans are cool people.

Comment

• Babalu
                  • May 2007

Hi again, Darcy!

There were so many racers at TARCon and it was so crowded that I didn't get nearly as many racer signatures as I probably should have, but I did get quite a few. From Season 3 (and 10): Jill (when I told her that my motto, after seeing her season, is: Don't Be the Flo, Be the Jill, she liked it so much that's what she wrote on the bag) and Teri. From Season 4: AirSteve (he's wonderful - you've got to meet him someday!). From Season 10: Dave and Mary (Kentucky) and Duke. From Season 11: Drew and Eric. Plus several from other seasons. Have fun watching on GSN!

I actually live in Hawai'i, so going to the Big Island is just about a half-hour flight. We're just going holoholo (Hawai'ian for a quick trip) this weekend - perfect for taking the Tom Bihn bag!

And Amazing Race fans are REALLY cool people! You should come hang out with us at TARflies!

Comment

• Darcy
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by Babalu;4419From Season 3 (and 10): Jill (when I told her that my motto, after seeing her season, is: [I
                    Don't Be the Flo, Be the Jill[/I], she liked it so much that's what she wrote on the bag) and Teri.
                    Jill! I saw Season 10 before I saw Season 3, so when Jill was eliminated, I wasn't that upset about it because I had almost no idea who she was. But after watching Season 3, I was quite impressed with her. Flo!! Oh my....Zack is a saint.

Comment

Working...
                    X