PDA

View Full Version : Across the Atlantic with a Synapse 25 and a Co-Pilot

Tachiyaku
11-23-2014, 06:38 PM
I'm off to my brother's wedding in Dubai, but since I'm still in the midst of my academic semester it's going to be a quick in and out (3 days total, which sucks for such a long and expensive flight). I can make everything fit into just my Synapse 25, but decided to take the Co-Pilot as well so I have a smaller bag with in-flight essentials next to me for the grueling 13 hour flight. I'm also going from a very cold climate to a really hot one, so I had to strategize accordingly.

Leaving the house I'll be wearing jeans, sneakers, a button down shirt, zip up hoodie, scarf, gloves, ear muffs, and my uniqlo ultra light packable down jacket.

In the Synapse:

Size 3 wasabi stuff sack with 4 pairs undies/2 pairs socks
Size 2 UV stuff sack to store scarf, gloves, ear muffs
Travel pillow
Toiletries in Eagle Creek Pack-It specter kit
Packed up uniqlo jacket (http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/men-ultra-light-down-jacket-127890.html#38|/men/outerwear/ultra-light-down/jackets/|)
Wireless apple keyboard for iPad in InCase Origami Workstation (http://www.amazon.com/Incase-CL57934-Workstation-Wireless-Keyboard/dp/B004X355Y6)
Shoes in Eagle Creek Specter shoe sac
Meds in size 1 iberian stuff sac
Medium tri-star packing cube containing: 2 tshirts, 1 pair black dress pants, 1 black top, jammie bottoms, 1 tank

In the Co-Pilot:

0.7 L. Vapur anti-bottle
book
glasses case
Moleskine + pens
iPad mini
Small wasabi organizer pouch with charging cables and earbuds - left pocket
Medium UV organizer pouch with passport and other travel documents - slips into the back pocket of the Co-Pilot, secured with 8 inch keystrap to the clip of the shoulder strap
Mesh UV organizer cube with in-flight essentials (painkillers, lotion, altoids, microfiber cloth, nasal spray, hand sanitizer, wet wipes) - right pocket
Wallet + phone (not pictured)

Orangeboys
11-23-2014, 07:46 PM
I'm off to my brother's wedding in Dubai, but since I'm still in the midst of my academic semester it's going to be a quick in and out...

You are a great brother! Three days and two 13-hour flights?

Thanks for the pictures -- I love the captions!

Tachiyaku
11-24-2014, 05:48 AM
Aw, thanks, won't miss the baby brother's wedding for anything! (I'm his sister btw, gender cues can be misleading :)

Orangeboys
11-24-2014, 06:34 AM
Aw, thanks, won't miss the baby brother's wedding for anything! (I'm his sister btw, gender cues can be misleading :)
LOLOL, Oops. You are a great SISTER! My family for some reason has no mixed sibling groups, across all my cousins. So brothers always have brothers, and sisters always have sisters.

bermudajes
11-24-2014, 07:10 AM
@Tachiyaku, if you don't mind me asking, what will you be wearing to the wedding? :)

adalangdon
11-24-2014, 07:13 AM
+50 for the library book in the CP! (You will never catch me anywhere without some hardcopy assigned reading...)
a.k.a. I have no life outside school, cats, family, and the internet :cool: :cool:

Tachiyaku
11-24-2014, 07:59 AM
@bermudajes, I'm not really a dress sort of person, so I'm wearing black slacks and a black silk shirt. @adalangdon I hear you! The hardcopy is annoying to carry around, but gotta use that plane time wisely.

blackbird
11-24-2014, 08:03 AM
@Tachiyaku have an amazing time! The trip may be short, the journeys there + back may be long, but traveling there is the absolute best gift you can give to your brother. Wishing you an easy and restful flight!

Tachiyaku
11-24-2014, 10:16 AM
Thank you blackbird!

Pokilani
11-29-2014, 07:42 AM
Not sure how I missed this thread. I love how clean and organized your packing is. Hope you had a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk