Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 15,300   Posts: 197,949   Members: 7,257   Active Members: 173
Welcome to our newest member, MollyyEvelynn.

Bravo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leuvenator
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2004

Bravo!

I just noticed that the redesigned Buzz is available -- and the new color combinations are spectacular! I love love love my old Buzz, so much that when I upgraded to a 15.4" MBP I was depressed that I wouldn't be able to carry it in my Buzz. I'll be ordering one of the new guys sooner rather than later.

Just thought you'd want to know that I'm such a geek that I gasped out loud when I saw the new colors. Thanks for continuing to do outstanding work!
  • Alicia
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2007

I agree. The one with the Blue is amazing. I wish my Ego had been available in that color. Although, I do have a strip that color, so I guess I can't complain.
    Proud owner of; Ego (first run) in Black/Steel/Deep Blue; medium organizer pouches in cayenne and crimson; small organizer pouches in olive, pink and storm blue; mini organizer pouch in sapphire; quarter packing cube; ego strips in crimson, plum, blue glitter and sapphire.

Comment

• Darcy
      TOM BIHN Crew (we work here)
      • May 2003

Thank you! I'm glad you like the colors. We will most likely narrow them down quite a bit in the next batch, but Steel/Sapphire is definitely a keeper.
      Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

• l3gray
        Forum Member
        • Jun 2005

I kinda have to squint, but it looks like you redesigned the little divider inside the bag as well? Looks like it's been designed so that it folds and there's a hole in it, rather than a little corner you have to stretch over the laptop.

Veery interesting. I have a black/steel/grape Buzz and it's my 'every day' bag, it's perfect for my lifestyle. I sometimes use my other bags for various reasons, but the Buzz is definately my favorite.

Is the new Buzz much larger? It kinda looks like it's relatively the same size, it's just changed shape a bit...
        1 {Grape Buzz} 1 {Crimson Smart Alec w/Freudian Slip}
        1 {Mocha medium Cafe Bag w/optional waist straps}
        1 {Steel/Wasabi ID bag w/horizontal Wasabi brain cell}
        3 {organizer pouches} and one Aeronaut on order. Sig's getting so big I'm considering removing it.

Comment

• moriond
          Volunteer Moderator
          • Jul 2004

New Buzz; timetables for a plum Buzz?

Originally posted by l3gray View Post
          I kinda have to squint, but it looks like you redesigned the little divider inside the bag as well? Looks like it's been designed so that it folds and there's a hole in it, rather than a little corner you have to stretch over the laptop.

Is the new Buzz much larger? It kinda looks like it's relatively the same size, it's just changed shape a bit...
          l3gray, the new Buzz is larger, both because of the re-design to accommodate larger laptops and because of the more rectangular shape. This also means that you can pack more into it, in large part because of the shape. The divider also has a corner that you can stretch over your laptop. However, because they've made the overlap corner edges larger, there's a short flap that folds over and it's piped, so what you're seeing are the edges of the piping as it loops and connects back onto the overlap corner -- seen from the top edge or the side edge it would look as though there might be "holes" on each side of the flap. I think this is made this way so that different-sized laptops (not just Macbooks) can have this corner held and protected well.

There's a waist strap (like the ID bag) that may make carrying the large Buzz more comfortable. The sling strap is segmented -- they stitched across in about half a dozen places along the strap for the contouring.

Originally posted by l3gray View Post
          Veery interesting. I have a black/steel/grape Buzz and it's my 'every day' bag, it's perfect for my lifestyle. I sometimes use my other bags for various reasons, but the Buzz is definately my favorite.
          For a 12" laptop like the PowerBook and iBook that the original Buzz was designed for, you're still better off with the original model Buzz. In the new Buzz the end of your laptop will sit just where the corner begins to fold over. I hope they continue to sell the original Buzz, because it's also my favorite. I also have the black/steel/plum color combination.

Originally posted by Darcy View Post
          Thank you! I'm glad you like the colors. We will most likely narrow them down quite a bit in the next batch, but Steel/Sapphire is definitely a keeper.
          Darcy, I ordered one of the steel/sapphire versions of the new Buzz, but I have to ask: do you think there will be a plum version out soon? At the time the order shipped plum had been discontinued. I really like the plum (see this post or this post). Also, the main reason for jumping on the order is that you run out of the great colors so early :) -- this bag is for an anticipated new Macbook pro.

Cheers,

moriond

Comment

• Darcy
            TOM BIHN Crew (we work here)
            • May 2003

Originally posted by moriond View Post
            Darcy, I ordered one of the steel/sapphire versions of the new Buzz, but I have to ask: do you think there will be a plum version out soon?
            Yes! The Buzz will be available in Black/Steel/Plum in mid-June. Also available in mid-June will be the new color combination Black/Navy/Cocoa. I've added both to the Buzz page for pre-order.
            Have a question? @Darcy (to make sure I see it)

Current carry: testing new potential materials in the form of Original Large Shop Bags.

Comment

Working...
            X