PDA

View Full Version : Pics: Three sizes of the Café Bag together!

Just
05-31-2007, 11:45 PM
As promised!

http://pics.livejournal.com/elanswer/pic/000q668z/s640x480.jpg

http://pics.livejournal.com/elanswer/pic/000q7dep/s640x480.jpg

(That's a small organizer pouch, for some added size perspective.)

backpack
06-26-2007, 11:56 PM
Thank Just!

Really what I was looking for thanks!

Darcy
06-27-2007, 11:52 AM
Very cool, Just. :)

ex machina
03-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Tnx Just, very useful. :)

KarlJ
03-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Well done!

Just
03-19-2009, 03:25 AM
Oh, good - someone found this thread! I had forgotten about these pics and was just about to prepare to take them again... =)

peregrina
03-19-2009, 06:46 AM
hey, my medium cafe bag is exactly the same! ;)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3456/3363219809_1dbcc9228b.jpg

It looks longer than it is normally because I stuffed my hat and gloves on top...

cancoi
03-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Wow... after seeing the olive green, I may be rethinking the plum/wasabi MCB. Great ride!

peregrina
03-20-2009, 08:59 AM
cancoi,

I love my olive cafe bag but I have to confess I long for the plum/wasabi combination too... and now with the new punch colour out... sigh... I'd love another cafe bag but really have no excuse for getting one...

cancoi
03-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Peregrina, I literally tossed a coin between the olive and plum MCB while ordering on the phone with Darcy. I almost asked her for her opinion, but thought it would be a bit dorky. I do love green; at least the interior of the bag is wasabi.

Strangely, I'm in the minority about the Punch color, but I'm not a pink gal. Maybe if I saw it in person.

pretzelb
03-20-2009, 09:17 AM
hey, my medium cafe bag is exactly the same! ;)

It looks longer than it is normally because I stuffed my hat and gloves on top...

This may sound strange but I think I need to rewrite my life goals so that one day I live in a city/town where riding a bike like that to do some shopping is common, enjoyable, and not life threatening.

peregrina
03-20-2009, 11:34 AM
This may sound strange but I think I need to rewrite my life goals so that one day I live in a city/town where riding a bike like that to do some shopping is common, enjoyable, and not life threatening.

I don't think everybody would agree that driving a bicycle in Toronto is not life threatening but after a while you learn which roads to avoid and make sure to always wear a helmet... Toronto is no Amsterdam but the number of people who use bikes as modes of transportation grows every year. I've even taken part of some critical mass rides (http://www.cmtoronto.ca/) here... Loads of fun!

yeti
03-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Me too! I've been living in Davis, CA, which is the "bike capital of the U.S.", and I love it! I know it sounds dorky, but since I moved here, it's gotten to feel more and more important to me that I can bike to the supermarket. I have a little folding bike that I can roll into the supermarket and use as a shopping cart.

Also, the waist strap on the TB Cafe bags are awesome for keeping the bag from swinging to the front while biking. Sweet.

peregrina
03-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Strangely, I'm in the minority about the Punch color, but I'm not a pink gal. Maybe if I saw it in person.

I'm not a pink person either but somehow the punch colour doesn't seem so pink to me...

This picture (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tombihn/420488707/) really pushed me into the green category though when I was torn between Plum and Olive...

katiya
06-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Thank goodness I found this thread. I just found Tom Bihn and I've lived in Seattle for 10years just about. They must be a well kept secret or I wasn't paying attention. I like to support my local businesses if they deliver great service and product. Looks like that is the case here!

I was trying to figure out sizes for the small, medium and large bags. A video would be a little more helpful for me but I don't see any on YouTube or here. The small is definitely out of the running but not sure if I should go for the medium or large. I may just have to wait for the July factory visit when the store is open to examine it in person and make the determination at that point.

For the bag I am going to be using it as a purse (and I like the colour choices) but I can be really rough on my clothing and bags so I am thinking getting a side effect for the cafe bag I get (to match of course) and one side effect for a male friend in another state who loves waist packs. Love the darker bolder colours and I don't like pink but then I'm not a girly girl either. Never had Barbie's or girly things growing up. I love sports and traveling so I feel at home here.

maverick
06-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Thank goodness I found this thread. I just found Tom Bihn and I've lived in Seattle for 10years just about. They must be a well kept secret or I wasn't paying attention. I like to support my local businesses if they deliver great service and product. Looks like that is the case here!

I was trying to figure out sizes for the small, medium and large bags. A video would be a little more helpful for me but I don't see any on YouTube or here. The small is definitely out of the running but not sure if I should go for the medium or large. I may just have to wait for the July factory visit when the store is open to examine it in person and make the determination at that point.

For the bag I am going to be using it as a purse (and I like the colour choices) but I can be really rough on my clothing and bags so I am thinking getting a side effect for the cafe bag I get (to match of course) and one side effect for a male friend in another state who loves waist packs. Love the darker bolder colours and I don't like pink but then I'm not a girly girl either. Never had Barbie's or girly things growing up. I love sports and traveling so I feel at home here.

hi katiya,

since you're in seattle, if you're able to make it over, the tom bihn store in seattle is actually open next tuesday, june 16th from 3pm to 6pm.

in the mean time, let me get together a video showing the small, medium and large cafe bags. i've been meaning to get to this, but have been distracted by other things.

curious if you played with madeline dolls. my nieces play with these, and i think they're a nice alternative to barbie and other such dolls.

katiya
06-13-2009, 09:22 AM
maverick thanks for the heads up about the store being open next Tuesday. I'm going to head over certainly. Then I will know for certain if its the medium or large cafe bag that I need. I'll also be picking up 2 side effects and a grocery bag or two. I'll wait for the bag for my huge laptop and luggage bag for a later date.

Don't know why I have a Twitter or Facebook since I rarely log into either of those sites...

I didn't really play with dolls much since I grew up around a lot of boys in my neighborhood growing up in Southern California. We were always outside riding bikes, playing politically incorrect games, playing basketball or baseball, having water fights, watching the younger kids while we were playing and working on our nerd pursuits like Atari and the like. I still have my Curious George stuffed monkey and Care Bear from when I was in the hospital for my operations though. I had Barbies but I gave them to younger girls in the neighborhood. I was too busy reading, writing or studying if I wasn't playing outdoors.

pohc
08-25-2009, 07:41 PM
Hi Maverick,

I don't suppose you have had a chance to make that video or the small, medium and large cafe bags? I can't seem to make a decision between the medium and large bag and am hoping that a video may help me to make up my mind.

Thanks.

roarmouse
01-04-2015, 09:40 AM
Perhaps TB could do a vid of all 3 sizes being worn by several height-examples of people. In the same vein as the recent S19/25 offering ☺

backpack
01-04-2015, 01:03 PM
It could become the Cafes/Pilot/Copilot, EDC shoulder bags video, the PU and the new cross body knitting bag could be included if it is doable in one filming session.