PDA

View Full Version : 11" MBA in MCB?

Vecturist
04-29-2015, 11:06 AM
After successfully defending my dissertation last week I am ready to leave the backpack for traveling only and thinking of getting a MCB. I'll still be on campus as a research associate so I still need to bring my 11" MBA (and a few notepads), which although it is pretty light, I am worried might be a little too heavy for an MCB. Any thoughts? I considered a co-pilot, but it will be a tight squeeze even with the minimal sleeve I have the computer in.

marytattoo
04-29-2015, 11:16 AM
Have you considered either a LCB or DLBC?

Vecturist
04-29-2015, 11:25 AM
Have you considered either a LCB or DLBC?

Not a fan of the DLBC from an aesthetics point of view. I would consider the LCB, although I am 5' and on the petite side so proportions are a consideration.

bermudajes
04-29-2015, 11:34 AM
Congrats on the successful dissertation defense!

I use my MCB to occasionally carry a 13" Toshiba laptop (which weighs less than 4 lbs), and it's usually accompanied by a couple of notebooks or paperbacks. It's fine for carrying short distances but I don't think I'd choose that bag if I had to carry it on, say, my 1 1/2 mile walking commute. It doesn't feel ridiculously heavy, but I think it would become tiresome to carry for more than a few minutes at a time.

The MCB and CP are very similar in height and width, aren't they?

ETA: Might the Ristretto fit the bill?

Ilkyway
04-29-2015, 11:39 AM
After successfully defending my dissertation last week ...

Congratulations on that! It must be a huge relive. So it seems to be that time of year, since adalandon has finished the biggest portion of her education these days too.
You two (and all the others) I have a beer to salute to you tonight. Whoever wants to join: I lift my glas 20 minutes after posting this.

Sorry, no bag-advice, when I carry my laptop I use a Pilot (or a backpack) but the bags you have listed are all smaller so I guess the Pilot is not what you want?

Ilkyway

Ilkyway
04-29-2015, 12:00 PM
Zum Wohl!

Ilkyway

jennygoat
04-29-2015, 12:42 PM
Congrats! I recently purchased a CP which my 11" MBA fits in perfectly, sans any sleeve or cache. There is actually a little room left over. I can take a pic of the MBA and post it ince I'm home so you get some persepective.

Perseffect
04-29-2015, 01:54 PM
My wife and I both have MCBs and they are the perfect size. It can fit a MacBook Air 11 and A4 notepads with room to spare.

I tried the DLBC and the LCB but the MCB hits the sweet spot. Lots great also, simple designs as the best.

As for colour, plenty to choose from. I'm a fan of Grey but my son has the French blue and my daughter the plum (they both have SCBs) and they all look great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jennygoat
04-29-2015, 04:31 PM
Here's a CP pic for you. I tried to show there is plenty of room for a sleeve or cache, IMO.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/29/4bd3e24d8da1d438eb4e1a733e68b4a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vecturist
05-03-2015, 12:05 PM
Thank you for all the well-wishes and suggestions. Definitely have a few things to think about (and colors to pick). Sometimes I wish it were possible to put in custom color combinations (exterior/interior).

marytattoo
05-03-2015, 12:24 PM
Putting in a suggestion for Kelly MCB. Beautiful green!