PDA

View Full Version : What pouch is this?

ladyinblack1964
05-06-2015, 04:58 PM
https://vimeo.com/77341022

At 1:33, which pouch is shown? Thank you!!

moriond
05-06-2015, 05:42 PM
At 1:33, which pouch is shown? Thank you!!
That's a Snake Charmer (http://www.tombihn.com/accessories/TB0302.html)

ladyinblack1964
05-06-2015, 06:25 PM
Thank you!

ladyinblack1964
05-07-2015, 12:40 PM
If anyone wants to share photos of the Snake Charmer as a toiletry kit, please post! Would love to see them.

kathryn
05-07-2015, 02:11 PM
Since I am test packing right now, I thought I'd try this setup out, and share some pics.

I normally keep my Snake Charmer permanently packed with what I think of as "travel miscellany" and stowed in the bottom pocket of my S25. Here's what's usually in it, in one side, leaving the other for my MacBook charger and a few office supplies when I'm on a work trip:

- eye mask
- tissues
- Sharpie
- 4-color ballpoint
- gear tie
- notebook
- mini towel
- (knockoff) folding wayfarers in case
- spork
- Luna bar
- zip ties & large rubber band in ziploc
- lighter
- emergency whistle
- ear plugs
- duct tape
- to be added soon, and not pictured, an ultralight picnic blanket from Matador (discovered via this forum!) that's about the same size as the sunglass case

Now, I think I can fit all that in my new double organizer pouch, so I can repurpose the Snake Charmer as a toiletry kit (at least for this next trip).

One side will have liquids in baggie, plus my dry toiletries and other stuff loose and the other side will have my 3D fabric organizer with my makeup (excluding mascara):

3DOC which it seems like TMI to unpack, but suffice it to say solid makeup is inside with other essentials like hair ties and tweezers. :)

Ziploc w/
- neosporin
- eye cream
- hand cream
- mascara
- face wash
- moisturiizer
- contact solution
- hairspray
- extra contacts (not pictured, as I haven't dug them out of the bathroom cabinet yet)

Loose Items:
- brush
- toothpowder
- toothbrush
- floss
- q-tips in a small Nalgene vial
- baby powder in a camping S&P shaker
- razor
- face soap in case
- contact case
- deodorant
- solid lotion
- solid shampoo in a GoTub

Here's the toiletries all in one side. (I should mention that I have TSA Pre Check so I don't need to dig the liquids out at security. If I did, I might rethink how this was packed.)

The 3DOC in the other side:

All zipped up, and stowed in the end pocked of my A30:

Hope that's helpful @ladyinblack1964!

ladyinblack1964
05-07-2015, 02:15 PM
Yes, that's great! I can't believe all that stuff and a 3D fits inside the Snake Charmer!