PDA

View Full Version : DSLR Camera in Synapse Front Pocket?

speakingspark
05-31-2015, 07:34 PM
Hello there!

I just discovered Tom Bihn bags last week while researching camera backpacks. By pure chance I stumbled across a world traveller who uses her Synapse as an all-around minimalist pack as well as a daypack. She mentioned she carries her DSLR inside, and after doing some research I was curious as to whether a small DSLR body would fit into the water-bottle pocket on a Synapse 19 or 25? I have the Canon T5i and often use an 18-135mm lens, which adds perhaps 4" to the main body length from front to back. Unfortunately I don't have my camera with me at the moment, so I can't give exact measurements! I'd likely buy a neoprene slim-fit case to go around the camera while it's in the pocket, just to add some extra protection in lieu of a padded camera bag that definitely wouldn't fit in that space.

As there's nowhere local I know of that carries Tom Bihn bags, I'd love to hear from forum folks on whether this would be possible before I order one. I'm also not sure if the water-bottle pocket size differs between the Synapse 19 and 25, so any guidance on that would be most welcome!

AVService
05-31-2015, 07:51 PM
Not a chance would be my answer just off the cuff.

Ont eh other hand I have carried DSLR in Synapse for years just not in the front pockets.

For me a photo insert in the main compartment works best and then you can get some huge lenses and stuff in the front pockets too.

Here is my packing for this

http://forums.tombihn.com/photos-videos-and-reviews/4584-synapse-photo-insert-here-1-way.html?highlight=

marytattoo
05-31-2015, 08:18 PM
Hello there!

I just discovered Tom Bihn bags last week while researching camera backpacks. By pure chance I stumbled across a world traveller who uses her Synapse as an all-around minimalist pack as well as a daypack. She mentioned she carries her DSLR inside, and after doing some research I was curious as to whether a small DSLR body would fit into the water-bottle pocket on a Synapse 19 or 25? I have the Canon T5i and often use an 18-135mm lens, which adds perhaps 4" to the main body length from front to back. Unfortunately I don't have my camera with me at the moment, so I can't give exact measurements! I'd likely buy a neoprene slim-fit case to go around the camera while it's in the pocket, just to add some extra protection in lieu of a padded camera bag that definitely wouldn't fit in that space.

As there's nowhere local I know of that carries Tom Bihn bags, I'd love to hear from forum folks on whether this would be possible before I order one. I'm also not sure if the water-bottle pocket size differs between the Synapse 19 and 25, so any guidance on that would be most welcome!
TB bags are sold in their Seattle store and online, only. FWIW.