PDA

View Full Version : Will a Pilot fit inside a Tri-Star?

westofhouse
06-14-2015, 10:49 AM
From browsing around, it seems like a Co-Pilot will definitely stuff into the central compartment of a Tri-Star, but I was wondering if the same is true for the Pilot?

Bonus curiosities: does it make a big difference in which material the bag is in for its stuffability? Also, if I do stuff one in, can I have a few things inside of it (like my 13" laptop, accessories, etc.)?

Thanks!

Perseffect
06-14-2015, 11:16 AM
I have a ballistic nylon Tristar and a dyneema pilot. It fits perfectly into the centre compartment (in fact the reason I originally bought it.) I would definitely suggest the dyneema will allow it to lie 'flatter' and mould around what it contains (laptop etc).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

westofhouse
06-14-2015, 01:35 PM
I have a ballistic nylon Tristar and a dyneema pilot. It fits perfectly into the centre compartment (in fact the reason I originally bought it.) I would definitely suggest the dyneema will allow it to lie 'flatter' and mould around what it contains (laptop etc).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, that was my guess on the dyneema vs. ballistic nylon. Guess I might have to wait to see if they reappear in the shop!

tpnl
06-14-2015, 01:48 PM
Also, I have read that the Dyneema version slides in and out easier - good in situations where you want to quickly pull it out of the tristar and put it under your seat.

I still want ballistic as it is still easy to remove but dyneema on dyneema has even less friction.

Hope this helps
Cheers!

trailrunner
06-18-2015, 08:45 AM
@westofhouse I have no useful input on your question, but I just wanted to say how much I love your forum name! Brings back tons of memories of many hours spent in front of text adventures both on my family's Commodore 128 and later when I discovered Frotz for the iPad. :)

westofhouse
06-21-2015, 08:52 PM
Thank you!

I love text adventures! Particularly the infocom ones. :)