PDA

View Full Version : S25 or S19 Freudian Slip to help retain shape

Johnykwst
06-29-2015, 01:33 AM
Sometimes I fill my S25 with clothes, especially while traveling and this causes the back panel to bulge into my back making my synapse uncomfortable to wear. I'm thinking of getting a Freudian slip to help my Synapse better retain its shape when full (as well as helping with organization). Is the FS with its foam suppport, sturdy enough to help prevent my Synapse back panel from bulging? Will continued pressure on the FS weaken the foam?

Ilkyway
06-29-2015, 03:46 AM
Oh that is a tuff one: cant answer what happens to the foam over time but my guess is, that it will stay as it is. They have pritty good experiance on foams as they use it in the handles too.
I tent to put them in and out of packs: in for they give great struckture to the backpannel and help me organize AND out for when I come home after carrying a pack for a longish time and find it too heavy. This game of in and out... is a bit stupid but it gets played a LOT over here ;-)

I have used the S19 FS in all packs and it works. I like the S25 better because it has two zipped compartments and it is (duh) bigger. BUT it is heavier too and the S19 I can use in all the packs so if I change pack I can keep the FS as it is...

Hope more will share thair expericances, intersting topic.
Ilkyway

backpack
06-29-2015, 05:31 AM
Freudian Slips are very sturdy!

AlaskaGirl
06-29-2015, 05:49 AM
Greetings,
You don't say how you pack the clothes. Or how many. Do you use packing cubes? How do you load the bag? What else is in the bag besides clothes?

These things all contribute. If you wanted to share these details, perhaps a solution could be found that doesn't add more weight. In my experience, the people who contribute to this forum are generous in sharing their knowledge and excellent at solving packing dilemas! elisa

Johnykwst
06-29-2015, 10:24 AM
AlaskaGirl,
It will typically happen if it is pretty full and then I put a jacket or sweater in the main compartment.