Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,955   Posts: 193,132   Members: 6,830   Active Members: 286
Welcome to our newest member, marcopolo123.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone please tell me the name of the color of the DLPB (second photo in this thread)?

Thanks so much

Comment

Originally posted by kjquilts View Post
      Can someone please tell me the name of the color of the DLPB (second photo in this thread)?

Thanks so much
      The dark blue one?

That's new Nordic...a dark blue with dark grid ripstop... It's a retired 400d halcyon.

“Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you.”
      “Sir?”
      “It seems that you have managed to retain this even though you are authority.”
      “Sir?”
      “That’s practically zen.”
      -Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Comment

Thank you .... the dark grid ripstop is dark gold? I have a pilot in this material that I purchased on ebay some time ago. Never used it because travel stopped and I totally forgot about.

After purchasing the Cambiata and test packing it I decided it isn't for me so I'm sending it back. The Cambiata is too long for me to be a shoulder/cross body carry and I have other TB backpacks that I prefer. Remembered the Pilot and think it may make a good substitute for the Cambiata.
        Last edited by kjquilts; 09-28-2022, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kjquilts View Post
          Thank you .... the dark grid ripstop is dark gold? I have a pilot in this material that I purchased on ebay some time ago. Never used it because travel stopped and I totally forgot about.
          The dark grid is sort of a charcoal grey/off black colour to me. The texture is different than the rest of the material and catches the light differently. I believe that the colour is theoretically the same as on the new Black and Night Walk 400d halcyons.

The impact of the light and dark grids on the overall colour impression is fascinating...

Related comment... Taiga 400d is dark grid and Taiga 200d is the undyed light grid but the base fabric colour is the same... how the total fabric looks though seems related but noticeably different because of those grids.

I don't know if the 200d could be made with dark grid... I recall TB saying that the dyed grid was unusual so I don't know if it was unique to the mill that is no longer making 400d...

MikeV - any non-secret history or details you can share?

ETA, and sorry, that was way off your topic - if you already have a Pilot you should totally try it out with whatever you test packed the Cambiata with - keeping in mind that the Pilot is smaller of course
          Last edited by G42; 09-28-2022, 06:09 PM.
          “Commander, I always used to consider that you had a definite anti-authoritarian streak in you.”
          “Sir?”
          “It seems that you have managed to retain this even though you are authority.”
          “Sir?”
          “That’s practically zen.”
          -Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Comment

Working...
          X