Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,827   Posts: 191,321   Members: 6,701   Active Members: 267
Welcome to our newest member, StatsChick.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A smaller than small Snake Charmer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have a larger Synik/Synapse and a small Snake Charmer, you know it fills about 2/3s of the "chin" space. But is there a Snake Charmer-like accessory which would (individually) fit this leftover space?

I ask because I have a small Snake Charmer, and I'm thinking of getting a small camera insert which is about the same size. I'd love to keep the Snake Charmer organization, just a little smaller so I could fit both items.

Not double sided like the snake charmer, but a cubelet or a size 1 travel stuff sack?

Comment

A 3DOC is similar to a one-sided Snake Charmer, but if you especially like the double-sided organization... building on tress29's suggestion, a pair of Cubelets? You could even hook them together with some mini double carabiners.
      I have a bunch of great bags. Favorite color combos include Aubergine/Island, Navy/Solar, Forest/UV, Original Halcyon/Wasabi, Cloud/Viridian... and now also Seapine/UV!

I've fulfilled my dream of palindromic-colored nested bags! Navy/Ultraviolet Pilot with Aubergine/Island Side Effect inside: blue purple purple blue. Forest/UV A45 with Aubergine/Wasabi Co-Pilot inside: green purple purple green.

Comment

The SC's double-sided, see-through layout is what really appeals to me; a bit of a bummer because I don't believe Tom Bihn has something similar in a smaller size. Although I am (gasp!) open to other brands.

Comment

Mesh 3D organiser cubes are very handy. But not double sided.
          How about a combo of mesh ghost whales?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

Comment

What about a size small mesh pouch? One side is mesh, the other ballistic. Or, a size small mesh ghost whale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "Not all who wander are lost"
            "Love people, use things, because the opposite never works" - The Minimalists
            Synapse 25 in Olive, Aubergine Side Effect, UV A30 PCBP, Sitka PCSB

Comment

The ghost whales and mesh pouches don't have the depth the SC does. I do love the ghost whale in the side pockets of the Synik, though!

Turns out that camera insert isn't going to work, but still would love a slightly smaller alternative to the small SC. What I've been doing for now is just tapping all the items to one side and folding the empty half over.

Comment

Working...
              X