Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,998   Posts: 193,796   Members: 6,896   Active Members: 241
Welcome to our newest member, Kimiko.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ode to Pouches, Stuff Sacks, Cubes, & Other Organizational Bits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moriond View Post
    latchford I loved your comprehensive review of the organizational accessories you use, and look forward to reading your reactions to the most recent colors/additions that are en route to you.​
    Thanks! And I'm still waiting impatiently for my wallet even though I'm not really in a hurry to replace my current one - a made in Japan origami style slim billfold that I'd to hunt down at a pop up store in a random building in Osaka. I've a couple of Split Ring Key Straps in that order and I'll be attaching one of those to the Nik's Minimalist Wallet band so that I can tether it to one of my S22's o-ring.

I respect the fact that you identified Acuity as an early favorite and latched onto this color in accessories as soon as it appeared.​ When I tried the Cerylon cubelets (just after the Sangria small grab bags debuted), I found that the even lighter weight (than 200d Halcyon) fabric of Cerylon had more problems resisting the pulling action of the zip/unzip action, so even though unzipping the larger small grab bag in Cerylon was fine, the Cerylon cubelets were a pain to use.​
    If only you knew how many pairs of the same sneakers I have in sky blue, just different colours in some of the details. So it seems pretty natural that I'd gravitate toward Acuity. Wish the Tool/Pen Wrap and Yarn Stuff Sack came in Acuity too but I think TB had almost run out of that fabric by that point.

I'm quite puzzled by the previous choice to put the AquaGuard Zipper on the Cubelet given that they're more likely to be used as pouches within bags.

And since luggage tags (like Pocket Pouches) have only been made in 1050d Ballistic Nylon, there are no Constellation luggage tags.​
    Yup but I'm hoping for new colours if TB decides to revive it.
    Night Walk Synik 22, Night Walk Daylight Backpack, Night Walk Small Café Bag, everything Acuity and Fjord

Comment

The Night Walk Nik's Minimlist Wallets finally landed in my mailbox earlier this week so they're kind of like Christmas presents for myself. I'm digging the feel of the wallets in my small hands and I like the Graphite Piscine interior because I prefer darker colours.

From left: Wallet 1, Wallet 5, current wallet which is a leather Japanese made billfold with a slot for 2-3 cards

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9638.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	510.6 KB
ID:	344828

Name:	IMG_9639.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	518.2 KB
ID:	344829

I bought Wallet 1 because it's the most minimalist of all but I also threw a Wallet 5 into my order because I thought I might find the outside pocket useful. As seen from the side profiles, just one extra layer of fabric + a card makes the wallet a fair bit thicker than the other two wallets. I'll be attaching the Night Walk Wallet bands to 16" Split Ring Key Straps when I find my split ring pliers so that I can attach them to my matching Night Walk bags to hold emergency cash and cards. The leather billfold will stay as my main wallet for now.

Name:	IMG_9641.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	262.0 KB
ID:	344830

Happy holidays to all from blazing hot Singapore! 🇸🇬🎄⛄️
      Night Walk Synik 22, Night Walk Daylight Backpack, Night Walk Small Café Bag, everything Acuity and Fjord

Comment

Working...
      X