Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,353   Members: 6,547   Active Members: 296
Welcome to our newest member, rancorbeast.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tenba BYOB 10 DSLR insert in Synik 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenba BYOB 10 DSLR insert in Synik 30

Hi all, I know this is a pretty specific question, but I figure this is the first, best place to start :-)

I have a Synik 30 and need to carry/store two Sony mirrorless cameras (a6400s), two lenses, and accessories. I *think* the Tenba BYOB 10 insert—the kind that opens suitcase-sale, not the end opening one—is the right size to fit everything I need, but not sure if it will fit in the Synik with the exterior pockets filled. Is there anyone out there with a similar carry situation who can offer any tips?

I have a Tenba BYOB 10 insert, but it is the top opening version rather than the slightly larger ‘Backpack” side opening version - which I think is what you are referring to.

I am not familiar with Sony A6400, but I would be surprised if 2 cameras and 2 lenses would fit? When buying a Tenba BYOB I tried a few different models and was surprised by the slightly bigger size needed for easy use and sufficient capacity.

My BYOB 10 (not backpack version) fits a Nikon Z6 and a couple of lenses and accessories, and comfortably fits and is easy access in a Synik 30. But equally fits in many other TB bags as well.

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Originally posted by BigBadD View Post
      I am not familiar with Sony A6400, but I would be surprised if 2 cameras and 2 lenses would fit? When buying a Tenba BYOB I tried a few different models and was surprised by the slightly bigger size needed for easy use and sufficient capacity.
      I've got the BYOB 7 (smaller model of your 10) and it fits one a6400 and a 16-55 2.8 plus a few accessories. I keep most of my extra stuff in a 3DOC. That works great in the Synik. I took all my gear and Tetrised it together and I can get it in the 11.5" x 8.5" spec interior size, so I'm thinking I could make it work. The 10 you have is 4.5" high (per spec, maybe not so in real life); the backpack version is 5". Does yours fit snug or comfortable when the exterior pockets are full?

Comment

Originally posted by rmedek View Post
        Does yours fit snug or comfortable when the exterior pockets are full?
        My version of the Tenba BYOB 10 fits with generous space in Synik 30. I rarely have pockets overly full, but have had no problem. Indeed I also use it occasionally in Synik 22 which is snug but useable. The clamshell opening of the Syniks makes it a good access.

I tried and also kept a Tenba BYOB 7 which, for my Nikon Z6, works well if I am only carrying the camera and a medium sized lens, and not carrying any additional lens or accessories.
        Last edited by BigBadD; 02-14-2021, 01:23 PM.

Comment

That's super-helpful, thanks for the info!

Comment

My version of the Tenba BYOB 10 fits with generous space in Synik 30. I rarely have pockets overly full, but have had no problem. Indeed I also use it occasionally in Synik 22 which is snug but useable. The clamshell opening of the Syniks makes it a good access.

I tried and also kept a Tenba BYOB 7 which, for my Nikon Z6, works well if I am only carrying the camera and a medium sized lens, and not carrying any additional lens or accessories.
            Do you have any pics of the BYOB 10 and/or 7 in the Synik 22? I love the comfort and organization of the Synik 22 more than my camera bags but I often need to bring my camera and a couple lenses with me. I'm wondering of the BYOB 10 is too snug for the S22 and if the BYOB 9 might be a better choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxx View Post

Do you have any pics of the BYOB 10 and/or 7 in the Synik 22? I love the comfort and organization of the Synik 22 more than my camera bags but I often need to bring my camera and a couple lenses with me. I'm wondering of the BYOB 10 is too snug for the S22 and if the BYOB 9 might be a better choice.
              Here are a quick couple of photos of BYOB 10 in Synik 22. It fits well, almost made to measure, but does limit what else can be carried in Synik main compartment, as it fills bottom half. Choice of what BYOB size is probably more constrained by how much and what size camera equipment you want to carry?
              Last edited by BigBadD; 09-19-2021, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Here are a quick couple of photos of BYOB 10 in Synik 22. It fits well, almost made to measure, but does limit what else can be carried in Synik main compartment, as it fills bottom half. Choice of what BYOB size is probably more constrained by how much and what size camera equipment you want to carry?
                Thank you for the photos, very helpful. I was picturing attempting to use it at the top of the bag with other stuff stored below it (jacket?) for easiest access. Not sure if that's work with the taper of the S22 near the top but looks like it would. I'd be using it with a Canon R5 and some pretty hefty lenses (RF 28-70mm f2, 15-35mm f2.8, 70-200mm f2.8, 100-500mm). Not sure which of these might fit, if any. I'll take a look at some inner dimensions online but the BYOB 10 looks like the biggest version that'd fit comfortably so I'll probably try it out. I also have the 16mm f2.8 on order in case the larger lenses don't fit.

Comment

Working...
                X