Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,741   Posts: 190,276   Members: 6,602   Active Members: 265
Welcome to our newest member, Cycw95.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Halcyon Organizer Pouches retired?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darcy
    replied
    Thought I'd share an update, which isn't really that much of an update because the answer is the same: we're so efficient that there aren't many usable scraps with which to make Halcyon Organizer Pouches. And, while the previous Halcyon shortage has resolved itself, we are being mindful of our supply just in case there's any future delays.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Another welcome hudson and thanks for finding that post!

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Great first post hudson Welcome to the forums!

moriond

Leave a comment:

• hudson
    replied
    Originally posted by G42 View Post

No halcyon OPs have been restocked.

Darcy mentioned somewhere that they've gotten very efficient and there is less scrap for OPs.... I'll try to find her comment
    I believe this was in a reply to a comment on the Updates & What's Next blog post from August 28, 2021. Quoted below:

Amy - August 31, 2021
    Will we see any more halcyon organizer pouches? I know they are made with scraps, so production isn’t always constant, but I would love to grab a few for my knitting/sewing kits and travel trays!
    ———
    TOM BIHN replied:
    The fate of future Halcyon Organizer Pouches is uncertain at this time: we’ve become so darn efficient there aren’t many scraps to work with. We might reimagine the Halcyon Organizer Pouch and offer something new in 2022… we’ll see!

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    Originally posted by dirkhaun View Post
    Did the above-mentioned Summer restock actually happen? If so, I may have missed it.

eBay (Germany, of all places) to the rescue. A few HOP in size Mini showed up a week ago. I saw a grey one going for 12 Euro but got these two (together) for less than that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3895.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	4.22 MB
ID:	337744

Darcy mentioned somewhere that they've gotten very efficient and there is less scrap for OPs.... I'll try to find her comment
    I remember this comment, too, but it’s getting really hard to track down sources, since a lot of miscellaneous questions and answers have been popping up in blog postings. The last related post that I can recall specifically on the topic of all fabric options in pouches and double organizer pouches was in the Discussion of New Colors, New Designs sticky thread on 11-11-2021 when Darcy replied to a question by @epeterson

Love the all-fabric option!! Is there any chance we'll see all-fabric organizer pouches (or double organizer pouches) in the near future?
    with the response
    Originally posted by Darcy View Post

We're glad folks requested the all-fabric option... we'd forgotten about it, or at least I did!

I'll add requests for both to our project app! That said, I think it's unlikely: we're offering quite a few options these days and I think we'd need to narrow them down a bit before offering more, if that makes sense. Maybe as a special production run at some point?
    G42 and others, you can sometimes use the Advanced search function to specify the poster and, if you specify a restricted date range for keywords, pull up relevant posts by that poster using those terms over that period.

HTH

moriond

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Originally posted by dirkhaun View Post
    Did the above-mentioned Summer restock actually happen? If so, I may have missed it.

eBay (Germany, of all places) to the rescue. A few HOP in size Mini showed up a week ago. I saw a grey one going for 12 Euro but got these two (together) for less than that.

Leave a comment:

• dirkhaun
    replied

Name:	IMG_3895.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	4.22 MB
ID:	337744

Leave a comment:

• SIM
    replied
    Thanks for this post. I deliberately came to the forums looking forward info on these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• 93terp
    replied
    Originally posted by GoStanford View Post
    My new favorite abbreviation! Discontinued = disco'd.
    Disco lives!!

Leave a comment:

• tessa.vanz
    replied
    I chatted with Kat the other day - current 'best guess' is OPs being restocked this summer

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    Originally posted by GoStanford View Post
    We use this abbreviation all the time at work... but weirdly enough, there are NEVER mirror balls dropping down from the ceiling with light shows and funky music when we say it -humph!

Leave a comment:

• GoStanford
    replied
    I haven't heard that the OPs are disco'd.

Leave a comment:

• Selcouth
    replied
    Originally posted by moriond View Post
    That’s what a product page looks like when items are sold out, and there’s not an automatic refresh, but it hasn’t been retired
    Ahh ok, thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• moriond
    replied
    That’s what a product page looks like when items are sold out, and there’s not an automatic refresh, but it hasn’t been retired

Leave a comment:

• Selcouth
    replied
    Sure, I follow that the pouches are made from scraps and there may not be many scraps right now. But do you all see the same content on the page that I do? I'd expect it to have a "We don't know when we'll make this again" message. It currently looks like a bug or something on the page.

Name:	0zVlOoe.png
Views:	1
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	307982

Leave a comment:

Working...
X