Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pouch for Sony WH-1000MX3 headphones?

Hello!
    I am considering getting a pouch for my Sony WH-1000MX3 noise-cancelling headphones (without the case). The top two contenders right now are the Large Snake Charmer and the A5 Ghost Whale. However I'm not sure if the headphones would fit comfortably in the Large Snake Charmer. Can someone please confirm this? (If you have a different brand like Bose that also helps.)
    And I've already done the dimension comparison but headphone dimensions are misleading because they can be folded and maneuvered in various ways.
    I'm assuming the A5 Ghost Whale is a safe bet but if someone wants to confirm that too, that is also welcome.
    I'm open to other suggestions but am mostly uninterested in the more feature-rich offerings like the HLT or Side Kick.
    Thank you!

Originally posted by csjmp View Post
    Hello!
    I am considering getting a pouch for my Sony WH-1000MX3 noise-cancelling headphones (without the case). The top two contenders right now are the Large Snake Charmer and the A5 Ghost Whale. However I'm not sure if the headphones would fit comfortably in the Large Snake Charmer. Can someone please confirm this? (If you have a different brand like Bose that also helps.)
    And I've already done the dimension comparison but headphone dimensions are misleading because they can be folded and maneuvered in various ways.
    I'm assuming the A5 Ghost Whale is a safe bet but if someone wants to confirm that too, that is also welcome.
    I'm open to other suggestions but am mostly uninterested in the more feature-rich offerings like the HLT or Side Kick.
    Thank you!
    Welcome to the Forums csjmp !

I don't have any of those types of headphones but I do have Snake Charmers and A5 Ghost Whales... I googled the size of your headphones and got various results... so hopefully someone will chime in or you could share what you think the dimensions are of the most compact configuration (vs the 'box' size I keep finding).
    Generally, my perception is the the LSC will be more 3D than the A5 GW... but overall fit would depend on which dimension is the first constraint...
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

I just tried putting my Sony WH-1000MX4 headphones, which I think are the same size as the X3’s, into an A5 Ghost Whale and there is no way that they would fit. The Ghost Whale simply doesn’t have depth to accommodate them. I don’t have a Snake Charmer so you there but perhaps someone else on the forums might.

Comment

Correction! I do have a both a small Snake Charmer and a large Snake Charmer! Alas, the Sony’s won’t fit into either. They do fit into a Side Kick though if that helps.

Comment

Hi @csjmp,
          Welcome to the forums. I’m going to point you to a couple of threads with photos that may help you make a selection. Are you planning to carry your headphones in their case? That might make a difference in your options

The first is by Tancata in 07-07-2020 and is titled Headphones (Sony WH1000XM3, B&W PX) in Side Kick
          https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...x-in-side-kick

I’m going to separately load a picture terayon posted of her Sony WH-1000XM3s inside a Side Kick. (I‘m not ignoring your statement that you’re largely uninterested in more feature-rich solutions like the Side Kick; the view of how high the headphones go up to the top of the Side Kick tells me the that reason it fails to fit into either size Snake Charmer is that these accessories are not tall enough to accommodate your headphones and that they wouldn’t fit under the zipper, even though you haven’t specified the headphone dimensions and Ceres, who helpfully supplied the answer that these didn’t fit into either size Snake Charmer, didn’t say more about why they didn’t fit.
          [ATTACH=JSON][][/ATTACH]
          My estimate is that the three notebooks in the picture would just about fill an A5 size Ghost Whale Organizer Pouch. An item as thick as the headphones would not fit into A5 GWOP, because it’s not designed to swell up in depth that much for objects that are filling most of the cross-sectional area.

Looking up the comparison dimensions of the Sony WH1000XM4 (your model) vs Sony WH1000XM3 (shown in the picture) shows these are very close in size: 9.94 x 7.27 x 3.03 inches vs 10.43 x 7.30 x 2.93 inches
          It’s the 7,3 inch height that won’t let you use the Snake Charmers, and it’s the 3” depth that won’t let you use the A5 GWOP if you’re also occupying most of the cross-section.

latchford started another thread in 07-12-2017, titled Accessories for Bose QC25 that is helpful to view
          https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...-for-bose-qc25

These are smaller headphones (8.25 x 5.75 x 2.00" in case), and they’re shown fitting (without the case) into the much less tall (than Side Kick) Side Effect.
          @bartleby
          shows the fit into a Size #2 Travel Stuff Sack.

I’m guessing that you would be able to use a Size #3 Travel Stuff Sack for your headphones but somone might check that

Some of the later options mentioned in that thread would work in size, but Small Yeoman Duffel Aether Packing Cube available at the time of that post is retired, as are the Yeoman Duffels at this time.

HTH

moriond

Hello!
          Thank you!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by moriond; 03-31-2021, 12:57 AM.

Comment

At first, I doubted it, but it fits in one of the pockets of a Large Sname Charmer with a room to spare. You could even fit two of them, one in each pocket. I also have a Small Snake Charmer, and surprisingly it even fits inside a Small Charmer although it's quite a tight fit but certainly doable.

Comment

Luckily, I have all of them. I tried with my A5 GW as well, and the headphone fits nicely. The only concern is that the GW (and also Snake Charmer) is flexible and does not provide much protection.

Comment

gadgets Thanks, I guess this is related to my question of whether the original poster was planning to carry the headphones in a case, because the pictures shown earlier demonstrate why the headphones inside the standard case would not work in the Snake Charmer or A5 GWOP. I’m glad there are other options, and grateful for your photos.

Another thought: there are still a few A5 Ghost Whale Organizer Pouches in Spacer Mesh

That might provide a little more cushioning (this is the material used at the back of backpacks like the Synapse - see the blog post on A Brief History of Backpack Back Panel Fabrics for details)
                https://www.tombihn.com/blogs/main/a...-panel-fabrics

moriond
                Last edited by moriond; 03-31-2021, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Awesome! I will probably still go with either the Large Snake Charmer or A5 Ghost Whale then, despite the lack of padding. Thank you all so much!

Comment

Awesome! I will probably still go with either the Large Snake Charmer or A5 Ghost Whale then, despite the lack of padding. Thank you all so much!
                    Sounds like you have your solution, but a few thoughts:
                    • I've been travelling with various over-ear BT headphones for years w/o a case since they go on top of any backpack/bag and if the case would've helped my whole bag got crushed ... which means new headphones!
                    • I almost always use the PCSB as I attach it to the airplane seatback and it holds batteries, goodies, etc
                    • As you know, the XM4s fit into one side of a large snake charmer no problem with plenty of room to spare so I assume the XM3s would too

Comment

Working...
                    X