X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanderlust77
    replied
    Originally posted by cloverandmills View Post
    I turned my HLT1 into a sewing kit. It is a setup that I haven’t personally seen shared before (and if it has, awesome, I’d love to see it), and wanted to share a few photos of my own in case this is something that you haven’t considered!

I’m an intermediate but passionate sewing hobbyist. I make garments, bags (no surprises there right?) and have recently gotten into quilting…to deal with my ever-growing scrap pile. I love, love, love hand sewn details, and hand sewing, clothing repair, etc. I had an old sewing kit, but it was a trifold style and I never reached for it.

When I received my HLT1, it struck me that this may be the answer to my problem. Guys. It’s the PERFECT sewing kit.

Here's what's inside.

Internal webbing loop side:
    • Two marking pencils (in the pencil slots)
    • Point turner
    • Seam ripper (this sits on top of the point turner which protects the HLT1 from the seam ripper)
    • Hem gauge
    • Tape measure
    • Rotary cutter (I need it often enough that I’m including it in the short term to see if it adds value to the kit. If not, it’ll live in my bigger kit)
    • Quilt clips (inside one of the small back pockets behind the webbing)
    • Brass thimble (attached to a small swivel carabiner on an o-ring)

Mesh pocket side:
    • Quilt magnet attached to the webbing (I diy'ed this out of 2 strong magnets and an old button pin)
    • Small container of Roxanne sewing needles
    • Another style of sewing gauge
    • 3 spools of thread corresponding to current projects (originally I had these in a small q-kit, but actually they fit really well in the open pocket behind the mesh pocket)

I used this last night and it was so joyful and easy. This is something that I’ll use pretty much daily at home, or even throw into my S19, along with the project, when I’m leaving the house.
    I love this idea! Thank you for sharing! I need to add another HLT1 to my cart!

Leave a comment:

• Cristina
    replied
    I love this! I’m going to experiment with an HLT2 for this purpose. Right now I have one HLT2 for grownups-only craft stuff, but I have been wanting an HLT1 without knowing what I’d put in it. My hand sewing kit has outgrown itself and this might be the solution I’m after! Thanks.

Originally posted by cloverandmills View Post
    I turned my HLT1 into a sewing kit. It is a setup that I haven’t personally seen shared before (and if it has, awesome, I’d love to see it), and wanted to share a few photos of my own in case this is something that you haven’t considered!

I’m an intermediate but passionate sewing hobbyist. I make garments, bags (no surprises there right?) and have recently gotten into quilting…to deal with my ever-growing scrap pile. I love, love, love hand sewn details, and hand sewing, clothing repair, etc. I had an old sewing kit, but it was a trifold style and I never reached for it.

When I received my HLT1, it struck me that this may be the answer to my problem. Guys. It’s the PERFECT sewing kit.

Here's what's inside.

• Point turner
    • Seam ripper (this sits on top of the point turner which protects the HLT1 from the seam ripper)
    • Hem gauge
    • Tape measure
    • Rotary cutter (I need it often enough that I’m including it in the short term to see if it adds value to the kit. If not, it’ll live in my bigger kit)

Mesh pocket side:
    • Quilt magnet attached to the webbing (I diy'ed this out of 2 strong magnets and an old button pin)
    • 3 spools of thread corresponding to current projects (originally I had these in a small q-kit, but actually they fit really well in the open pocket behind the mesh pocket)

I used this last night and it was so joyful and easy. This is something that I’ll use pretty much daily at home, or even throw into my S19, along with the project, when I’m leaving the house.

Leave a comment:

• G42
    replied
    What a great use and thanks for sharing the photos! The Acuity looks lovely and brite, easy to see everything

Leave a comment:

• cloverandmills
    started a topic Using the HLT1 as a sewing kit

Using the HLT1 as a sewing kit

Here's what's inside.

• Point turner
    • Hem gauge
    • Tape measure

Mesh pocket side:

Last edited by cloverandmills; 04-16-2021, 07:41 AM.
Working...
X