Welcome!

We're glad you are here. This is the place to ask for bag advice, help other people out, post reviews, and share photos and videos.

TOM BIHN Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 14,582   Posts: 188,372   Members: 6,553   Active Members: 307
Welcome to our newest member, articulate.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP COW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP COW

Pretty sure I saw this as 'in production' up until couple weeks ago. Guessing production schedule and materials sealed their fate. I've recently been using pouches as wallets and they just work so I wanted to give this a try. Sad to see it go.

I wouldn't give up hope...at this point, given the massive amount of flux over the past 15 months due to the pandemic and crunched supply chains, I'm going to assume that items may not be retired forever... as long as they don't require specialty parts/materials (ie, like the NFTD, Field Journal, etc)...

Darcy has said in the past that the retired items are in a design vault basically... and we've seen just in the past year items get disco'd and come back for an encore production run. The 3DOC fabric are supposedly going to be made again at some point...

The COWs were made for quite some time, so I'm sure you could swap for one or buy one on FB/eBay/Craigslist, etc. if you want to try it out.

The Pouchkins are now on the retired list too, I see
    I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

Originally posted by G42 View Post

The Pouchkins are now on the retired list too, I see
      A lot of folks who have the Handy Little Thing#2 (and #1) may be unhappy about not being able to add the leaf pouchkin to the HLT as an extra pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post

A lot of folks who have the Handy Little Thing#2 (and #1) may be unhappy about not being able to add the leaf pouchkin to the HLT as an extra pocket.
        I was going to get a couple to use to hold my earrings when I forget I have them in and have to remove them for factory work... I figure the pouchkin is so small I could leave it clipped to an o-ring in my main work backpacks that I take to the plants (usually Brain Bag or S19). The mini GW would work but this was one of those times I actually wanted the clear window.
        Hopefully they're just sleeping in the Design Vault for a while...
        I like all the blues and greys...and all the happy citrus colours too! My search unicorn is the Sapphire Dyneema original Small Shop Bag...

Comment

I did try using a Super Mini GWOP as a wallet but the cards and cash were a tight fit where the zipper would catch. I did repurpose it into a key organizer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4044.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	3.01 MB
ID:	333535

Comment

Working...
          X