FS’s in the Makers Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS’s in the Makers Bag

I am currently in the process of trying to decide if getting a Freudian Slip for my Makers Bag is worth it. I’ve read a lot of pros and cons and would appreciate any further options or information on these. I would like one for structure but not sure how they just sit in the bag without falling forward. If you have pics to help me, that would be great. Thank you in advance.

Sorry but I’m not clear whether it helps to have created a new topic? This seems to be continuing much the same question and good advice you have already got in your recent Maker’s Bag Support topic?

My advice, and I own and regularly use a Maker’s Bag and have a Freudian Slip (Maker’s Bag/Swift size) is to wait a bit and use your Maker’s Bag for some period to see what you normally carry and need. I don’t use the Freudian Slip so often, and indeed when I do use it, it is more for organisational purpose rather than support/structure. The Freudian Slips sized for the bag are generally a good fit and anything else in the bag keeps it to one side of the bag.

And in answer to your question in your other thread (which I am not going to waste my time to answer separately): Yes, the Maker’s Bag Freudian Slip is the exact size of the back panel of the Maker’s Bag.
    Last edited by BigBadD; 07-02-2021, 11:11 PM. Reason: Edited to add answer to question recalled in other topic.

Comment

I find the pockets on the Makers/Swift Freudian slip to be a strange size compared to the other FS’s that TB makes. What do people put in the two larger zippered pockets and the smaller chin zippered pocket? They all seem a little too small to be useful.

I’m guessing they’re designed for knitting and the other FS’s are designed for EDC / office / stationary type stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomepants View Post
        I find the pockets on the Makers/Swift Freudian slip to be a strange size compared to the other FS’s that TB makes. What do people put in the two larger zippered pockets and the smaller chin zippered pocket? They all seem a little too small to be useful.

I’m guessing they’re designed for knitting and the other FS’s are designed for EDC / office / stationary type stuff.
        Agreed, the Maker’s Bag/Swift Freudian Slip is quite a different arrangement to others. The chin zippered pocket I may use for pencil/pen case. Phone/ipad chargers go in one of larger zippered pockets. But I am less frequently using the Freudian Slip in my Maker’s Bag.

Comment

MTeric22
          I’ve answered your question about an alternative way to provide structure in the Maker’s Bag in your original thread (insert a standard Poly folder into the back zippered pocket — any folder would do, but this design with closed corners and pockets on both sides provides the best structure, smoother insertion and removal, and best return on structure for the lightest weight. Plus you can use them to hold your papers.

Unless you want to use a Freudian Slip for other organizational reasons and easy transfer between bags, you don’t need to pursue more details about the FS. You can read about the Freudian Slip for Maker’s Bag/Swift in The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter) thread from the debut day of the Maker’s Bag (11-30-2015)
          https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...-yet-a-knitter

Scroll down to post #15 by gochicken to see the Freudian Slip for Maker’s Bag/Swift. It’s usually something I might recommend for someone who was also carrying a 13” laptop. That’s why it hasn’t been separately suggested.

HTH

moriond

Comment

Originally posted by moriond View Post
            MTeric22
            I’ve answered your question about an alternative way to provide structure in the Maker’s Bag in your original thread (insert a standard Poly folder into the back zippered pocket — any folder would do, but this design with closed corners and pockets on both sides provides the best structure, smoother insertion and removal, and best return on structure for the lightest weight. Plus you can use them to hold your papers.

Unless you want to use a Freudian Slip for other organizational reasons and easy transfer between bags, you don’t need to pursue more details about the FS. You can read about the Freudian Slip for Maker’s Bag/Swift in The Makers Bag from a non knitter (at least not yet a knitter) thread from the debut day of the Maker’s Bag (11-30-2015)
            https://forums.tombihn.com/forum/tom...-yet-a-knitter

Scroll down to post #15 by gochicken to see the Freudian Slip for Maker’s Bag/Swift. It’s usually something I might recommend for someone who was also carrying a 13” laptop. That’s why it hasn’t been separately suggested.

HTH

moriond
            Thank you for the information. I would be interested a a Freudian Slip for structure buy also organizing some of my EDC items. I carry a few heavier items like my leatherman, knife, etc that seem to weigh down the front panel if I place them in a pocket inside the main compartment. That’s primarily why the MBFS doesn’t really interest me because of the lack of pockets. I could see myself using the top two but not the bottom. Maybe the MCBFS?

Comment

Originally posted by BigBadD View Post
              Sorry but I’m not clear whether it helps to have created a new topic? This seems to be continuing much the same question and good advice you have already got in your recent Maker’s Bag Support topic?

My advice, and I own and regularly use a Maker’s Bag and have a Freudian Slip (Maker’s Bag/Swift size) is to wait a bit and use your Maker’s Bag for some period to see what you normally carry and need. I don’t use the Freudian Slip so often, and indeed when I do use it, it is more for organisational purpose rather than support/structure. The Freudian Slips sized for the bag are generally a good fit and anything else in the bag keeps it to one side of the bag.

And in answer to your question in your other thread (which I am not going to waste my time to answer separately): Yes, the Maker’s Bag Freudian Slip is the exact size of the back panel of the Maker’s Bag.
              So update: I received my MBFS and enjoy it for the added structure it gives but I don’t know if I will keep it due to not finding much use in the pocket layout, other than the slip for my iPad Air 4. Not sure what my next move will be. 🤔

Comment

Working...
              X